Dark mode is one of the remedies that started rolling out in 2016, as Microsoft showed a green flag. They always check the user’s experience, and at that time, they found people facing eye strain, especially in low-light conditions. I agree that features like auto-brightness make that strain minimal, but still, there is a space for something like Dark Mode. Moreover, it became so prominent that a few tech giants adopted it in their applications.
I am referring to Facebook, which started rolling out dark mode on its webpage and app. They found the need for such features in 2022 and subsequently released them first on the Facebook app. Noting that fact, many people enabled that mode after all; it gives benefits like reducing eye strain, saving battery, etc. However, recently, we got many inquiries about enabling it on Facebook. So, here we will guide you to do so.
Turn off the lights: A Guide to Facebook’s Dark Mode.
There are plenty of reasons to switch to dark mode. I agree that since Microsoft added dark mode support to Windows 10 on its anniversary, Apple and other smartphone companies have followed suit. And so on, they started giving out dark mode features. So that the entire UI, including installed apps, got the effect of dark mode. Up until this point, everything was fine. However, the problem arises when only some users have the default feature for dark mode.
As you know, on Android, after the arrival of Android 10, we saw that Dark, and the same thing happened with iOS users too. They noted that Facebook introduced that dark mode on their web and an app. So, whether your phone or PC has dark mode or not, you can benefit from it. One problem is that they need to learn how to enable it. So, below, we are sharing steps to enable dark mode on the web and on phones (including Android and iOS).
Activate Dark Mode on Facebook for the Web.
- On your PC, head to Facebook.com.
- Then, log in to your account.
- In the top-right corner, click the down arrow icon.
- Now select the Display & Accessibility section.
- Under Dark Mode, select the On option.
- That is it; the results will be shown on your screen.
Activating Dark Mode on Facebook Mobile
- Launch the Facebook app.
- Then tap on the three-line icon appearing in the bottom-right corner.
- Next, select Settings and Privacy.
- After that, tap on Settings.
- Under the Preference tab, tap on Dark mode.
- Lastly, select the on option to see the results.
In conclusion, enabling dark mode on Facebook is a simple yet effective way to reduce eye strain, improve visibility in low-light conditions, and conserve battery life. Following these steps, you can easily switch to dark mode and customize your social media browsing to suit your preferences. So, whether you are a night owl or prefer a darker aesthetic, Facebook’s dark mode covers you for a more comfortable and enjoyable browsing experience.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Why doesn’t my Facebook have dark mode?
Ans. Make sure to have an updated Facebook app.
Q2. What is the purpose of Dark Mode on Facebook?
Ans. to improve user visibility in low-light conditions.
Q3. Is dark mode safe?
Ans. Yes, as that mode offers a reduction in eye strain.
Q4. Can I still view Facebook stories after 48 hours?
Ans. Once you keep that story in your Facebook archive, you can view it even after 48 hours.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak