Google has updated its camera for Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. This update has been bundled with the March Pixel Feature Drop. The update includes optimization for Night Sight Mode; however, this feature was already available on Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro since their launch. Meanwhile, this update isn’t available for the Google Pixel 6A.
The company has updated the camera on its older-generation smartphones, which is a good sign that Google still cares for its devices. After this update, your photos will have less motion blur as the exposure can be half as long as before. In addition to this, there is an updated HDR that works with new ML techniques and bracketing to reduce noise.
- It has a New Shutter duration toggle, Which will appear in the lower-right corner.
- Night Sight will now dynamically change between two positions depending on Lighting conditions, Now it could take from 1 to 6 seconds accordingly.
Now users can choose how long they want the exposure to be depending on the shooting conditions. This will greatly impact Night Sight and allow for a choice between Night Sight or a long exposure time to improve image quality. Some users have updated and reported that it kept crashing on some devices, which has been fixed with a full package installation that weighs around 300MB. You can follow the instructions mentioned below.
Download Google Camera
To install this update, you can download and install any APK installer like APKMirror Installer. To do this, you will need to enable unknown source installation from your device settings.
Google Camera Hub
- Open the installer (APKMirrior Installer)and grant the necessary permissions.
- Next, open the GCam file with the APKMirror (Mirrior: Downlaod Zip File for GCam)Installer and it will ask you to grant storage permission.
- Click on Allow and tap on Install to continue with the installation process.
- After that, it will take some time to finish the installation.
- Once it is finished, you can click on Open to launch the GCam app on your device.
Other users can download the update from Google Play Store. Hopefully, this article has been helpful to you and you have successfully updated your GCam V8.8 on your device. Thanks for being with us! We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback. If there are any queries, please share them with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more updates in the future.
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma
- One UI 7-based Android 15 Tracker: Eligible Deviceby Mehak
- Galaxy S24 Series starts receiving its first update.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Android 15 OTA for Pixel Devices | Developer Previewby Romeshwar Prasad