In this guide, we will walk you through the process of installing various Android 14 custom ROMs on your Mi 9T / Redmi K20. Mi 9T / Redmi K20 has always been at the forefront of custom development, and now you can take full advantage of the latest Android 14 custom ROMs. These ROMs bring exciting features like new photo pickers, lock screen customizations, Notification Flash, Auto-Confirm Lock Screen, and Predictive Back Gesture. Each custom ROM also offers unique tweaks and customization options. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the steps to install these ROMs on your Mi 9T / Redmi K20.
Before we begin, there are some prerequisites you need to consider.
- Install Android SDK: You must have the Android SDK Platform Tools installed on your PC. These are the official ADB and Fastboot binaries recommended by Mi 9T / Redmi K20.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking: To make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode and to allow Fastboot Mode, you need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device.
- Unlock Bootloader: Be aware that unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data on your device and may void your device’s warranty. If you are ready for this, refer to our guide on How to Install Android 14 Custom ROMs on Mi 9T / Redmi K20
Installing Android 14 Custom ROM by Using TWRP
To install the Android 14 custom ROM on your Mi 9T / Redmi K20 Mi 9T / Redmi K20, you will need to first install TWRP recovery
- Boot into TWRP recovery by turning off your device and then pressing a combination of hardware keys (usually Power + Volume Down).
- In TWRP, select “Wipe” and perform a factory reset.
- Return to the main menu and select “Install.”
- Navigate to the directory where you saved the Android 14 custom ROM and select it.
- Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, select “Reboot” and enjoy your newly installed custom ROM.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully flashed Android 14 custom ROMs on your Mi 9T / Redmi K20. If you have any questions or encounter any issues during the process, please don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments. We’ll do our best to provide you with a solution as soon as possible.
- Is it safe to install custom ROMs on my Mi 9T / Redmi K20?
- Installing custom ROMs comes with some risks, such as voiding your warranty and potential data loss. However, if done correctly, it can enhance your device’s performance and features.
- What are the benefits of using custom ROMs?
- Custom ROMs offer features and customization options that stock ROMs may not have. They can also provide faster updates and a different user experience.
- Can I revert to the stock ROM after installing a custom ROM?
- Yes, you can return to the stock ROM by flashing the official firmware for your device.
- Do I need to root my device to install a custom ROM?
- Most custom ROMs do not require root access, but unlocking the bootloader is often necessary.
- Are there any risks involved in unlocking the bootloader?
- Unlocking the bootloader can void your warranty, and it may result in data loss if not done correctly. Be sure to follow instructions carefully.
- GTA 6 trailer reveals release date and first female character.by Mehak
- Download Magisk v26.3 Stable for Androidby Mehak
- What is Virtual RAM in Smartphoneby Romeshwar Prasad
- Weirdest Concepts Smartphone Design this year (2023).by Love Adhikari
- How to directly open the YouTube link in Brave instead of YouTubeby Akhil Sharma