In this guide, we will walk you through the process of installing various Android 14 custom ROMs on your OnePlus 9. Google has always been at the forefront of custom development, and now you can take full advantage of the latest Android 14 custom ROMs. These ROMs bring exciting features like new photo pickers, lock screen customizations, Notification Flash, Auto-Confirm Lock Screen, and Predictive Back Gesture. Each custom ROM also offers unique tweaks and customization options. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the steps to install these ROMs on your OnePlus 9.
Before we begin, there are some prerequisites you need to consider.
- Install Android SDK: You must have the Android SDK Platform Tools installed on your PC. These are the official ADB and Fastboot binaries recommended by Google.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking: To make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode and to allow Fastboot Mode, you need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your device.
- Unlock Bootloader: Be aware that unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data on your device and may void your device’s warranty. If you are ready for this, refer to our guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on any Google Device.
- Boot to Fastboot Mode: Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable, ensuring that USB Debugging is enabled.
How to Install Android 14 Custom ROMs on OnePlus 9
Flash Evolution X 8.0 Android 14 ROM on OnePlus 9 by Using SDK Tool
Now that we have the prerequisites covered let’s get into the details of installing Android 14 custom ROMs.
- Transfer Files to Platform-Tools Folder: Transfer these files to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
- Boot to Fastboot Mode: Boot your OnePlus 9 into Fastboot Mode. To do this, navigate to the platform-tools folder and type
CMDin the address bar. Hit Enter to launch the Command Prompt. Then, type the following command to boot your device to Fastboot Mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- To verify the Fastboot connection, type the following command, and you should see the device ID:
- If you don’t see any device ID, you may need to install the Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Flash the ROM: Make sure to take a backup before proceeding. Place the ROM and its associated files inside the platform-tools folder and rename them as follows: ROM file to rom, Recovery file to recovery, Dtbo file to dtbo, Boot file to boot, and Vendor_boot file to vendor_boot. This renaming makes it easier to type in the CMD window.
fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo_ab dtbo.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot_ab vendor_boot.img
- Reboot to Recovery Mode: Once the flashing is complete, reboot your device to Recovery Mode using the command:
fastboot reboot recovery
- Factory Reset and Flash the ROM: In Recovery Mode, use the Volume Keys to highlight “Factory Reset/Format Data” and press the Power key to confirm. Then, use the Volume Keys to highlight “ADB Sideload” and press the Power key to confirm. Finally, use the command below to flash the ROM (make sure the rom.zip is placed in platform-tools):
adb sideload rom.zip
- Reboot Your Device: After the flashing is complete, use the Volume Keys to highlight “Reboot System Now” and press the Power key to confirm.
Installing Android 14 Custom ROM by Using TWRP
To install the Android 14 custom ROM on your Google OnePlus 9, you will need to first install TWRP recovery
- Boot into TWRP recovery by turning off your device and then pressing a combination of hardware keys (usually Power + Volume Down).
- In TWRP, select “Wipe” and perform a factory reset.
- Return to the main menu and select “Install.”
- Navigate to the directory where you saved the Android 14 custom ROM and select it.
- Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, select “Reboot” and enjoy your newly installed custom ROM.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully flashed Android 14 custom ROMs on your OnePlus 9. If you have any questions or encounter any issues during the process, please don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments. We’ll do our best to provide you with a solution as soon as possible.
- Is it safe to install custom ROMs on my OnePlus 9?
- Installing custom ROMs comes with some risks, such as voiding your warranty and potential data loss. However, if done correctly, it can enhance your device’s performance and features.
- What are the benefits of using custom ROMs?
- Custom ROMs offer features and customization options that stock ROMs may not have. They can also provide faster updates and a different user experience.
- Can I revert to the stock ROM after installing a custom ROM?
- Yes, you can return to the stock ROM by flashing the official firmware for your device.
- Do I need to root my device to install a custom ROM?
- Most custom ROMs do not require root access, but unlocking the bootloader is often necessary.
- Are there any risks involved in unlocking the bootloader?
- Unlocking the bootloader can void your warranty, and it may result in data loss if not done correctly. Be sure to follow instructions carefully.
- How to Install Windows 11 24H2by Romeshwar Prasad
- Does Rice a potential solution for Wet iPhone?by Akhil Sharma
- One UI 7-based Android 15 Tracker: Eligible Deviceby Mehak
- Galaxy S24 Series starts receiving its first update.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Android 15 OTA for Pixel Devices | Developer Previewby Romeshwar Prasad