Hey there, iPhone users! If you’re one of those folks who rely on the Apple Reminder app to stay on top of your tasks and schedules, we’ve got an issue you might have encountered. Picture this: your reminders work just fine, but the app doesn’t display those nifty badges on your iPhone. Frustrating, right? But worry not! In this guide, we’ve got your back with a bunch of methods to fix this problem. So, let’s dive in and get those badges shining again!
Fix 1: Create a New Reminder with Notifications
Here’s a clever trick to kick things off. Create a brand-new reminder, and make sure to include notifications. This simple act will prompt the app to request notification access, and voilà, it might just resolve the badge display issue. Give it a shot and see if it does the trick!
Fix 2: Restart & Force Reboot Device
Now, sometimes the simplest solutions are the most effective. Have you tried restarting your device? Give it a go! Just press and hold that trusty Power button along with one of the Volume buttons. Keep holding them until the power menu pops up. Then, slide that restart slider to the right and let your device do its thing. Once it’s back on, check if those badges are finally making an appearance.
If restarting doesn’t do the trick, fear not! We’ve got another technique up our sleeves. Brace yourself for a force reboot. Here’s how it goes:
- Press and release the Volume Up button.
- Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Now, press and hold that Power button until you see the iconic Apple logo shining on your screen.
- Release the Power button, and there you have it! Your device just experienced a force reboot.
Cross your fingers and hope that this does the trick. Check if those reminder badges are finally showing up as they should.
Fix 3: Toggle Notifications
Here’s a neat little workaround you can try. It involves toggling off and on the badges settings on your device. It’s like giving it a refreshing reset! Let’s give it a whirl:
- Go to your Apps, find the Reminder app, and tap on it.
- Look for the Notifications section and tap on it.
- Now, find the toggle switch next to “Badges” and turn it off.
- Take a deep breath, count to five, and turn that toggle switch back on.
- Now, keep your fingers crossed and check if those badges are finally making their grand appearance.
Fix 4: Reinstall Reminder App
If all else fails, we’re not giving up on you just yet. Maybe, just maybe, the app’s settings have gone a little haywire. So, let’s try a classic troubleshooting technique: uninstall and reinstall. Here’s what you need to do:
- Head over to the App Store.
- Find the Reminder app (you know the one), and give it a long press until you see some options pop up.
- Among those options, you’ll find “Delete App.” Tap on it and wave goodbye to the app (temporarily, of course).
- Take a deep breath, head back to the App Store, and find the Reminder app again.
- Once you spot it, tap on that glorious “Install” button.
- Let the installation work its magic, and once it’s done, open the app and check if the badges are shining brightly.
Fix 5: Reset All Settings
Alright, here’s a heads-up: sometimes, corrupted configuration settings can be a real pain. They might be the reason why your Reminder app is acting up. But don’t you worry, we’ve got a solution for that too. It’s time to reset those settings! Follow these steps:
- Open up your device’s Settings app. You know where to find it!
- Scroll down and look for “General.” Give it a tap.
- Within the General menu, find “Transfer or Reset iPhone.” Tap on it.
- You’re almost there! Now, locate “Reset” and tap on it.
- Among the reset options, you’ll find “Reset All Settings.” Tap on that bad boy.
- Confirm your decision (yes, it’s serious business) and let the resetting process begin.
- After everything is set and done, check if those reminder badges have finally decided to make an appearance.
Fix 6: Reset Device
Okay, folks, we’ve reached the final frontier. If none of the previous methods did the trick, it’s time for the ultimate solution: a device reset. Now, be warned, this is a last resort measure. Resetting your device will wipe away all your data, so please, please, make sure to create a backup before taking this step. Here’s how it goes:
- Launch your device’s Settings app (yes, we’re back here again).
- Scroll down, locate “General,” and give it a tap.
- Now, find “Transfer or Reset iPhone” and tap on it.
- Among the options, you’ll see “Reset.” Tap on it.
- Within the reset options, you’ll find the big kahuna: “Erase All Content and Settings.” Tap on that.
- Brace yourself for a full reset, confirm your decision, and let the magic happen.
- Once everything is done and dusted, set up your device using your trusty Apple ID.
- Finally, take a deep breath and check if those reminder badge issues have been banished once and for all.
And that’s a wrap, folks! You’ve just discovered a bunch of methods to fix the Apple Reminder app’s frustrating badge display issue on your iPhone. Make sure to give each of these solutions a shot until you find the one that works like a charm for you. If you stumble upon any questions or concerns along the way, drop us a comment below. We’ll be there to lend a helping hand as soon as possible.
- Q: Why isn’t the Apple Reminder app showing badges on my iPhone?
- A: The Apple Reminder app may not display badges due to various reasons, such as corrupted settings or software glitches. The solutions provided in this guide should help resolve the issue.
- Q: Will resetting my device delete all my data?
- A: Yes, performing a factory reset erases all data on your device. It is crucial to create a backup before proceeding with the reset to avoid losing important information.
- Q: Can I reinstall the Reminder app from the App Store?
- A: Yes, uninstalling and reinstalling the Reminder app from the App Store may resolve the issue if the app’s settings have become corrupted.
- Q: How do I force reboot my iPhone?
- A: To force reboot your iPhone, press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears, and then release the Power button.
- Q: Are badges essential for the functioning of the Reminder app?
- A: Badges are visual indicators that display the number of pending reminders or tasks. While not essential for the core functionality of the Reminder app, they provide a convenient way to view pending tasks at a glance.
- Windows 11 23H2 brings native RGB controls, AI Copilot, and more to the Release Preview Channel.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) Firmware Build S918BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B) Firmware Build S911BXXS3AWI1_INS | INDIAby Romeshwar Prasad
- Be aware of iPhone market frauds and scams by authorized resellers in India, such as Croma and Unicorn Store.by Mehak