If your Windows 10 gets corrupted and requires you to reinstall Windows 11, it is worth mentioning that a clean installation of Windows 11 is necessary for upgrading to the latest version. A clean installation will erase your data, and if you have been experiencing any issues for some time, a clean installation may help you resolve the errors.
Today, in this article, we will be sharing a guide on how you can reinstall Windows 11. There are multiple ways to reinstall or set up Windows 11 on a new PC. Starting with fresh Windows 11 copies assist with upgrading from older versions such as Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows 8. 1. When you begin setting up fresh Windows 11, you have the option to delete all preloaded bloatware.
Reinstalling Windows 11
There are a few ways in which you can perform a clean install of Windows 11. One way is to use the Media Creation Tool to boot a USB drive and flash drive to set up the installation on an SSD.
Here are the following instructions to reinstall Windows 11. You can also use the Advanced Startup Option or mount the ISO files in File Explorer to complete a clean install. Before proceeding, you should ensure that you make a complete backup of your data using Macrium Reflect.
Clean installation of Windows 11 from USB
- Once you make a bootable Windows 11 USB, you can start installing Windows 11.
- Next, insert your Windows 11 USB drive and power it on your PC.
- After that, click on the boot key and choose the USB drive to install Windows 11.
- Then, it will open Windows Setup, and then click on Next and click on Install to start.
- Now, click on “I do not have a product key,” and if Windows is already active, it will reactivate automatically.
- Now choose the edition, choose Windows 11 Pro, and then check the checkbox for the “I accept the Licence Terms” option.
- From there, click the Next button, and then choose “Custom: Install Windows Only (advanced)” to start a clean install.
- Now, you have a drive where you want to install Windows 11. Generally, it is installed on Drive 0. If you want to delete existing Windows 11 data, delete it, or you can also delete the partition and then create another partition.
- Choose Drive 0, then click Next, which will open the OOBE to sign in to your account.
- Then click on the Yes button and proceed with the instructions to choose layout settings, and then click Yes to continue.
- Optionally, you can skip the second layout, but during setup, if your PC is already connected to the internet, it will update Windows and apps to the latest version.
- Select the Setup Personal Use option for Windows 11, and then set up a PIN by creating a new password.
- After this, it will ask for optional toggles for data sharing, diagnosis, etc. According to your preference, you can enable the toggle and then click on Accept to proceed with customizing your device.
- After this, it will prompt for OneDrive Backup, and after applying the necessary setup, you can then apply the settings and finish the setup.
Windows 11 Clean Installation from “Reset this PC”
You also have the option to use Recovery Settings to start a clean installation. This option reinstalls the same version of Windows 11 already installed on your computer.
- Open Windows Settings and then click Update and Security.
- After that, click on Recovery, then choose Get Started, which appears under Reset this PC.
- Next, choose the local reinstall option. You will then have the option to change settings as optional, or you can continue as is.
- Optionally, if you want to clean install Windows 11 from Reset this PC (Cloud), choose Remove Everything, and then click the Download option to erase and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 11 downloaded from the cloud.
- After configuring clean data, deleting files from all drives, and downloading Windows, click the Confirm button.
- Now, click on Next, and then click on the Reset button, which takes you to the region settings after the installation of OOBE.
- Then click on Yes, and similar to a clean installation, choose the layout, skip the second layout, and if your computer is connected to Ethernet, it will check for the latest updates. Then, choose Setup for Personal Use.
- It will then ask you to sign in and then click Next. After this, reassign your password.
- Click on Confirmation, click OK, and confirm your privacy settings.
- After toggling the Privacy option, click the Accept button, then choose Customise your device.
- Choose Accept and then click on the Skip button for options. Moreover, after Setup, it will also ask you about OneDrive Sync.
Windows 11 Clean Installation from WinRE
If Windows is not starting, you can use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) for a clean installation using a local or cloud image.
- Start the PC. Then, after powering it on, press the Power Button again to shut it down multiple times. The third time, it will open the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).
- Next, click on Advanced Options and choose Troubleshooting. This will lead you to the Reset this PC option.
- Click the Remove Everything option and choose the Cloud Download option for a fresh image. However, choose Local Reinstall for a clean copy of the Windows 11 installation.
- Then, choose the “Only the drive where” option and select either “Just Remove My Files” or “Full Clean the Drive.” It will then ask you to reset it.
- After this, it will boot to OOBE. Choose “yes” and then choose a layout based on your preference.
- Now, skip the optional steps and then select Setup for personal use. Sign in to your account and set up a PIN.
- Finally, agree to the privacy settings by toggling what you want to enable or disabling according to your preference, then click “Skip.” It is also necessary to set up OneDrive.
Windows 11 Clean Installation from an ISO File
You can download the ISO from the Windows 11 ISO page, or you can use the ISO file to boot onto your USB flash drive. Users can mount the ISO in File Explorer for a clean install.
- Right-click on the ISO file to extract the file.
- Next, choose how Windows Setup downloads updates, and select “Not Right Now.”
- Click “Next” and check the checkbox for “I want to help make the installation better.”
- Choose “accept,” then click on the “what to keep” option and choose “nothing.”.
- Click “Next” and then click on the “Install” button, which will take you to the OOBE menu.
- Choose a layout, set up Windows 11 for personal use, log in with your Microsoft account, set up a PIN, and then choose privacy settings.
- Finally, finish the OneDrive Setup, and that is it.
So, this is how you can finish reinstalling Windows 11 on your computer.
- Explain Google’s Gemini Ultra, Pro, and Nano.by Akhil Sharma
- How to Make Passport size photo online free with These Useful Tipsby Team AndroidGreek
- What is Beeper Mini to use iMessage on Androidby Akhil Sharma
- Facebook Video Download in Full HD: A Complete Guideby Team AndroidGreek
- How to use Telegram Transcriptionsby Akhil Sharma