How to Use and Enable iPhone Lost Mode?
iPhone lost mode is a security feature given to all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac and Apple Watch. It is a somewhat similar app available for Android (Find My device). However, iPhone lost mode is a more advanced security function based on Apple’s prominent iCloud System.
You will receive a confirmation email against your Apple email address once you enable Lost Mode. In the lost mode, you can create a custom message that appears on your screen. You can enable Lost Mode on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac or Apple Watch after enabling Lost Mode. Your device will not have any notification sound or alert, but your device will continue to get the FaceTime Calls or Calls. However, Payment Cards and other services will no longer work.
We all know that Apple Products are very expensive compared to others in the industry. So every user takes care of their devices. But, unfortunately, as an expensive thing, it has chances to be stolen or lost. Thanks to the iPhone, Lost mode ultimately overcomes such discrepancy. So, here we will discuss the iPhone Lost mode and its use.
How to Use and Enable iPhone Lost Mode?
Well, iPhone Lost mode is Apple’s known feature. Even though a lot of users have yet to learn about it. But, As a security feature, it is a must for every Apple user to enable it. So, Apple’s Lost Mode is a security feature that lets you lock your iOS device so that no one can access your personal information.
|Recommended System Requirements|
|iPhone||iOS 16iWork for iOS system requirements|
|iPad||iPadOS 16iWork for iPadOS system requirements|
|Mac||macOS Ventura 13 Safari 9.1 or later, Firefox 45 or later, Google Chrome 54 or later, or OperaiWork for Mac system requirements|
|iPod Touch||iOS 15iWork for iOS system requirements|
Because Apple’s Lost mode works on the iCloud System, every Apple device that wants to enable such a mode needs to fulfill some system requirements; according to Apple, These are the most recommended requirements to run lost mode on your iOS device.
Once you meet the above requirements, you can go for iPhone lost mode. Meanwhile, now you can enable lost mode on your iOS device. So, To enable it to follow the below instructions accordingly.
- Visit iCloud.com on your iOS device.
- Look for Find My iPhone >> Type your Apple ID Password >> Sign in.
- As a result, A list of Apple devices will show on your screen.
- Now choose the device on which you want to enable lost mode.
- After that, Click on Lost mode displayed at the top left corner of your selected device.
- Please enter a phone number so that it can be contacted when someone gets your device and wants to return it.
- Click on next >> enter a message >> Click on done.
- That’s it, and You’re ready to track your lost iPhone, iPad or other mentioned devices.
What does a lost mode do on your iPhone?
If you are reading here, that means Lost mode on your Apple device has been enabled. And after that, you are looking for a function you can do with this mode. So majorly, few things are likely to happen with you after enabling lost mode. These are as follows –
All Activities Blocked: For security concerns, Apple’s Lost mode will block all activities, even the Alarm. But incoming and facetime calls are still welcome so that Apple users can contact their devices in case of loss or theft.
Track Real-time Location: As an advanced feature, Apple’s Lost mode has the benefit of tracking your Apple device’s current location along with its movement.
Besides that, Lost mode will disable all payment cards saved on your iPhone. Altogether, it will show the message “iPhone Lost” with a phone number to contact the owner.
How to turn off lost mode on iPhone?
Even lost mode is a security-integrated option to add extra security covering to your iPhone. But it is better to know all the sides of any decision. In case you have mistakenly enabled lost mode on your iPhone. Then, you can easily turn it off. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Begin by heading to iCloud.com.
- Look for Find My iPhone << All devices.
- Choose the device entered in lost mode.
- Now click on lost mode >> stop lost mode and Confirm it.
- That’s it, and Your iPhone is out of the lost mode.
Conclusively, These are the things that you can do with lost mode. Now it’s up to you to enable lost mode using the above steps. Just make a try, and if you don’t want it somewhere, then follow the other instructions to turn off lost mode. But As a pro tip, always ensure a lock screen password for your Apple device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. After going into lost mode, No one can access your personal information, even you, but only you don’t know its passcode.
Ans. if your iPhone or iPad has a passcode, that will be required to unlock it.
Ans. You can do so using the Find My iPhone option.
Ans. Use Find My iPhone on your device to track your stolen iPhone’s location.
- POCO X5 Pro 5G Rolling Out Stable MIUI 14 update
- Download Oppo Reno 8T 4K Wallpapers | Oppo Reno 8T Stock Wallpapers |Download FullHD+|
- Download POCO X5 Pro 4K Wallpapers | POCO X5 Pro Stock Wallpapers |Download FullHD+|
- Realme X7 Max 5G Rolling out stable Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update
- How to Download and Install Fortnite on Android Devices