How to allow Google Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
Chrome is one of the most popular browsers across the globe, and recently users have encountered “Network is blocking the Chrome browser” with the error code “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.” This is one of the most common internet issues, and today in this article we will be sharing a troubleshooting guide to fix it. Follow the following instructions mentioned down below.
There could be various reasons for allowing Chrome to access the network now. which may include threats such as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG, and ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.
How do I allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings in Windows 10?
If your firewall is blocking Chrome activity due to VPN service, you can resolve the issue by uninstalling VPNs. Also, allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings on Windows PCs. Here is how to do it. Check it out.
- To launch the Control Panel, open Windows Run by pressing Windows + R, type Control, and then press Enter.
- Navigate to System and Security, then select Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the Left Panel, select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender.
- Click Change Settings, and then click Confirm UAC (User Account Control).
- Select Allow another app and then Add an App by clicking the browse button.
- For Chrome, go to C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application and select Chrome.exe.
- Click Add, and then select Google Chrome for both Private and Public Boxes.
- Click OK to confirm your changes before saving.
Open Google Chrome and check for any unexpected crises; if Google Chrome is unable to connect due to the Windows Firewall blocking connectivity,
How to add a Google Chrome exception to Windows Defender
Here is the guide to preventing Google Chrome from scanning through Windows Defender.
- Navigate to Update and Security from Windows Security in Windows Settings.(Else, you can search for the Windows Defender in Taskbar Search.)
- Select Open Windows Security and then Virus & Threat Protection from the left-hand panel.
- Scroll down to find Exclusion in the Virus & Threat Protection section.
- Next, select Add or Remove Exclusion, and then select Add an Exclusion.
- Now, navigate to Google Folder and select Folder to exclude Google Chrome (C:\Program Files\Google).
- To confirm your action, click the Save button.
So this is how you can whitelist Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or Antivirus settings. Not to mention, if you have a third-party antivirus installed on your device, then visit your antivirus support page to exclude the file. Hopefully, this guide remains helpful for you and you have successfully allowed Chrome to access the network in your firewall or Antivurs Settings. Share your queries with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for more updates in the future on the same.
- Download and Install Vivo iqoo U3x Standard Edition PD2143 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install DEXP K48 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Vivo Y51 2020 PD2044F Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A02 SM-A022G Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A2 All version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Expert RAW v1.0.00.21 and How to use Guide
- Download and Install Oppo A73 CPH2099 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Alldocube X Game (T1023) Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Vivo X60T PD2085 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A8s All Version Combination File (Firmware)
- Download and Install Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus All Version Combination File (Firmware)