Disable Windows 11 Start Menu Recommendations – Hide Recent Files and Folders
Windows 11 introduces the Recommended Apps based on suggestions, which shows the most recent files and folder whenever your open your Windows Start menu. However, it is not most liked by Windows 11 users, if you also don’t like this feature then you can disable the most recent files and folders from Windows 11.
This guide will help you get rid of Windows 11 Recent files and Folders. Follow the following instructions mentioned down below.
Hide Windows 11 Start Menu Recent Files and Folder
It is quite easy to perform, but once you disable it you have a completely blank space over there.
- Open Windows settings and then head over to Personalization
- Then from the right panel click on the Start option
- After that toggle, the ‘Show recently opened items in the start, Jump Lists, and Files Explorer
- That’s it!
After applying these settings you will no longer get Recent files and folder recommendations. If you later find this Recommendation section helpful, then follow the same action to enable the Windows 11 Start Menu recommendation.
Hide Recently Install and Most use an app from Windows 11 Start Menu
If you also want to remove the recently installed or most used app from the Recommendation section of the start menu, then you can also do so.
- Open Windows Settings and then go to personalized
- From there, go to Start and then toggle ‘Show Recently apps and Show Most used apps’ to disable.
- That’s it!
Enable Library Folder in Start Menu
It seems to be quite a useful feature, it allows you to pin some useful library folders next to the Shutdown menu.
- Open Windows Settings and then click on Personalization
- Then head over to Start and click on ‘Choose which folder appear on start’
- Then toggle based on your preferences to activate the library folders for your Start menu.
- That’s it!
Hopefully, this guide remains helpful for you and you have successfully disabled the Windows 11 Start Menu Recommendation. If you have any queries, please share them with us in the comment section down below.
- How to send Best Quality Photos and Videos on WhatsApp | Enable Best Quality Media
- Download Best GCam 8.1 for Android Device | Google Camera Port UltraCVM_v8.1.apk by UltraM8
- Download Best GCam 8.1.1 for ASUS Zenfone 6/7/8, and ROG 2/3 | Google Camera Port GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3.apk by Wichaya
- How to Create a CON Folder in Windows in Window 7, 8, 10, and 11
- Download Best GCam 8.2.4 for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco | Google Camera Port MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2 by BSG
- Download Best GCam 8.1.101 for Android | Google Camera Port NGCam_8.1.101-v1.3-fix by Nikita
- OPPO A93s 5G Launched in China with Dimensity 700, 48MP Triple-cam setup & 5,000mAh battery
- Poco F3 GT has been unveiled, the biggest competitor to OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- How to Disable/Enable the Startup Sound on Windows 11
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price