VMware Fusion and Fusion Pro are virtualization programmes that let you run Windows, Linux, and other operating systems on a Mac without having to restart. The most recent version fully supports Windows 10, macOS Mojave, and the most recent Macs, such as the 18-core iMac Pro and MacBook Pro with 6-core Intel i9 CPU. VMware Fusion supports the Enhanced Metal Graphics Rendering Engine and DirectX 10.1. Along with complete 64-bit capability, the virtual machine platform offers up to 16 vCPUs, 3072 MB of graphics memory, 64GB of RAM, and an 8TB hard drive for a single virtual machine. In this Article we Guide “How to download and Install VmWare Fusion on Mac”
This Mac hypervisor runs VMware virtual machines, Open Container Initiative (OCI) containers, and Kubernetes clusters. It is available in two versions:
- VMware Fusion Pro (paid license).
- VMware Fusion Player (free).
Users can run multiple virtual machines on a Mac using Windows or Linux OSes as guests without rebooting or switching the primary OS.
VMware Fusion version 12 is the latest version. It is compatible with macOS Big Sur or earlier with Intel chips. Support for Apple Silicon M chips:
- Support for Apple Silicon will arrive later this year.
- VMware Fusion on Apple Silicon will not support x86 virtual machines.
- Windows is not currently supported.
Download VMware Fusion for MaC
How to Install VMware Fusion for MaC
- Drag the VMware Fusion icon into the Applications folder by double-clicking it. The old version will be removed and the new version will be installed.
- Click Open when you see the warning that the application has been downloaded from the internet.
- You may see a warning if an older version of Fusion is running. After shutting down all virtual machines, quit the older version of Fusion.
- You will be prompted to enter your Mac OS administrator password at the next prompt.
- The license agreement appears after initialization is complete. To proceed, click Agree.
- Enter the Licence to Continue Installation.
- If you have no license key. It is possible to evaluate Fusion for 30 days without a license key if you don’t have one. See How to evaluate VMware Fusion or Workstation (2057823) for more information.
- When prompted, enter the Mac OS administrator password.
After Fusion Installation
You can start VMware Fusion from the Applications folder once installed.
In order to use Fusion, you must create a virtual machine and install an operating system (such as Windows or Linux) inside it. Physical CDs and DVDs or disk images (.iso) must used for this installation. Because .exe files are meant to be run in existing Windows installations, you cannot use one downloaded from Microsoft.