To check your internet speed, you need to use a precise internet test, for there are a few fantastic internet speed test tools available to clear what speed you are getting. You can use these on your computer to check internet speed.
What is my internet speed?
It’s the speed your ISP is providing you with. For instance, 25Mbps is recommended, and it is essential for people who stream 4K HD videos and play Online games, Videoconferencing, and other stuff. If you don’t know your internet speed, this guide will help you find your internet speed for uploading and downloading both.
- No Downloading running in backgrounds.
- Disable your VPN
How to test my internet speed
There are a couple of ways to check your internet speed, and We begin with the simple one.
- Open Google on your browser.
- Search for SpeedTest, and there you have an option for an internet speed test.
- Click on Run Speed Test, and it will start the test automatically.
- Once it finishes, you can see the report.
Another way to check your internet speed is by using the following website we have mentioned down below.
HTML5-based speed tests the lightweight and does speed test by requesting a series of files. Which gets an increase in size like it does in the real world. It shows results which include Downloads, Uploads, Latency, IP address, Server Location and other info. It has over 116+ servers across North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and some in Australia.
If you want a more detailed chart of your speed test, then you should use TestMy.Net; it calculates the reliable server, upload and download in sequence and shows the best data and features for how your internet is performing. Although, it also gives you an idea about your city.
One of the most popular speed test sites you may hear of is Ookla’s Bandwidth diagnostic tool, which features almost everything, including Download, Upload, Latency, and Packet loss along your ISP. It calculates the transfer between your remote server and computer using a local ISP connection.
How to read ookla speed test results
To read the result, there are multiple things you need to know.
- Download Speed: It is about how long it takes to transmit data from the server to your computer. Higher is better, and it represents your interest in download speed.
- Upload Speed: It is pretty similar. It is related to uploading when your data from the computer transmit to the server. This shows how quickly you can send emails or make an online Class.
- Packet Loss: It is the buffer time where it receives the lost data during transmission and finds the original patch again.
- Jitter Rate: Speed between your PC and the network (From where you have received the package.)
How accurate is the ookla speed test
Ookla is the world’s most popular internet speed test, Which provides relatively and consistently accurate results. However, it is based on a single-thread test instead of real-world network traffic, which does affect internet speed due to multithread requests.
Netflix’s owned speed test comes with a straightforward UI and starts testing speed instantly. Once it finishes checking your internet speed, it gives the output in Mbps. Not to mention, It is designed to check if your current internet can Stream Netflix Content. Simple Speed test web tool gives you information; there is also support for language, and to know more about your test, click on Show More info.
A&T speed test
Another Well-known Speed test tool that most people use to search for, Its reliability for testing Fiber base gateways and it has based on the Speedtest, which Ookla owns.
What is a good download speed for the internet?
According to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), a Speed between 25 to 100 Mbps is enough to support most online activity. Good internet speed could be 100 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload; this completes your basic requirements, which includes watching Netflix, YouTube or any other streaming; also helpful with Zoom meeting and playing Online games on several devices at a time.
It is usual that your ISP is not providing you with the exact speed that he has told you.
- GTA 6 trailer reveals release date and first female character.by Mehak
- Download Magisk v26.3 Stable for Androidby Mehak
- What is Virtual RAM in Smartphoneby Romeshwar Prasad
- Weirdest Concepts Smartphone Design this year (2023).by Love Adhikari
- How to directly open the YouTube link in Brave instead of YouTubeby Akhil Sharma