Since the Windows 11 22H2 build’s release, many Windows users have been eager to switch to it. The reason is the features added to this latest build are impressive. While all this excitement is being carried on, some users encounter an error preventing them from updating their Windows 11. However, that error has yet to be resolved and configured.
After seeing that users are searching for Windows Update Error 0x8007054F, we began our research as soon as we became aware of the concern. Unfortunately, we could not find a suitable solution after a long search. Instead, we walk through some proven methods to fix some users. You can also try them on your Windows PC.
How to fix Windows Update Error 0x8007054F on Windows 11?
While updating to Windows 11’s latest build, many users encountered an error showing something was wrong with code 0x8007054F. There has yet to be an official explanation for the issue, as developers are still working on a fix. Only a few users have encountered this update error, even though developers are always looking for the problem.
But leaving those users in the middle when updating Windows 11 is not fair. They deserve a concrete solution to the problem they are dealing with. As a result, developers take a bit longer to address the problem. Until then, we’ve come up with some solutions you can try until the official notification comes out. So, follow any of the below methods to resolve the 0x8007054F error.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The 0x8007054F error occurs when updating to Windows 11’s latest build. It means there might be an issue with the Windows Update installer. For this, you should run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. So that if any issue is found during troubleshooting, your computer will automatically fix it. For this reason, please follow the instructions below.
- Start by pressing the Windows + I button on your keyboard.
- Now Windows Settings will open up on your screen.
- From the left pane, choose settings and click on Troubleshoot, appearing on the right.
- Next, click on the other troubleshooter and look for Windows Update.
- Click on Run at the top of Windows Update.
- After this, the system will begin scanning your computer.
- Then click on apply the fix (if any issue arises).
- That’s it, and you have resolved the Windows Update Error.
Restart Windows Update Services
Even after the above troubleshooting, you are still getting the same error. It means the problem is arising with your Windows Update services. To process things properly, a fresh start is needed. If you want to process your Windows Update request, you will need to restart Windows Update Services. So, to restart Windows Update, follow the instructions below.
- Simply press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Then the run dialog box will open on your screen.
- Now type services. msc and press enter.
- Locate and right-click on Windows Update.
- Next, change the start-up to automatic.
- Click Start under Service status << Ok.
- Continue the process for Application Identify, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and Cryptographic Services.
- Afterward, restart your computer and check whether the error has been fixed.
These major solutions have proven to work for the Windows 11 update error. However, after applying the above fixes, we recommend you raise a query on Microsoft’s official Support Page if you are still getting the same error. And if anyone has questions about the above steps, please ask them in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. First, restart your Pc, then look for the error; if persist raise a query over the Microsoft support page.
Ans. This error arises while installing Windows 10 Update, that can be fixed through Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Ans. To check for updates, select Start > Settings > Windows Update, then select Check for updates.
Ans. As a successor, Windows 11 is more worthwhile for many people.
- India’s framework to tackle deepfakes before they disrupt democracyby Mehak
- Stop Buying an Avita Laptop: Bad Customer Support, Stuck on Boot, and Windows Update Restartby Love Adhikari
- Google Chrome adds a boarding pass detector to Androidby Mehak
- Xbox App Compact Mode for Windows Portal Devicesby Love Adhikari
- Find your Spotify Wrapped 2023by Mehak