Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 11 Update with New Screen Recording Feature in Snipping Tool
Windows received its latest update to the developer channel today, where Microsoft brings a major upgrade to its Snipping tool. It is gradually rolling out and is currently only available to a handful of users on the Windows Insider Developer channel.
Snipping Tool v11.2211.35.0 is rolling out in phases and it may take some time before it is available to all Dev Insiders. Please check the Microsoft Store for the update for Snipping Tool under “Updates & Downloads.” With this update, the need for third-party screen recorders such as OBS Studio is eliminated.
We are not saying that third-party screen recorders are bad, but for minor tasks, the Snipping Tool’s screen recording functionality will be useful. However, there are still many functions missing, such as audio support with screen recording.
It is one of the most useful tools that allows users to capture and share screen content from their PC. This functionality has been significantly improved with the addition of screen recording, allowing users to share more content from their PC at once.
Learn How to Use the Windows Screen Recording Feature with the Latest Snipping Tool Update
- Open the Snipping Tool from the Windows Start menu by searching for it.
- There will now be a “Record” option along with the “Snip” option.
- You can also use the shortcut key: Windows + Shift + S to open the Snipping Tool.
- After opening it, use the selection area to choose the area of the screen that you want to record.
- Once you have selected the area, click on the “Record” option that appears at the top-center of the screen.
- You can preview your recording before saving or sharing it.
Since it is still in development, there are some known issues that are likely to be fixed before it is rolled out to the Beta channel. One well-known issue is the delay between clicking the record button and the start of the recording.
This tool will continue to receive major updates and will keep getting better over time. As this is an early beta of the app, you may also encounter instances where the “Snipping Tool app windows might not restore properly when opening a new snap from within the app.”
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.