Download Windows 11 Insider Preview 23466.1001 (ni_prerelease) AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 ISO Download
Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 11 to the Dev Channel, and the company has recently released the Windows 11 Update to the Canary Channel. This build brings several new features that were unveiled at Build earlier this week. The ISO is also available.
- Never Combine Mode for Taskbar: This feature allows users to see each window of an application individually.
- Improved Text Authoring Experience
This is a new type of storage volume called Dev Drive that aims to improve performance for developer workloads. It uses Resilient File System (ReFS) technology and is optimized to better manage performance and security profiles for developers. Dev Drive is for hosting project source code, working folders, and package caches, and it’s important to note that it’s not designed for general consumer workloads such as document libraries, installation package applications, or non-developer tools.
Dev Drive can be created in free space that should be at least 50GB in size and should have at least 8GB or more RAM on an existing drive or as VHD/VHDX through settings or the command line. Performance Mode is a new capability of Microsoft Defender Antivirus designed for Dev Drive to minimize the impact on developer workloads. To learn more about Dev Drive, the documentation is available on MS Learn, and users can provide feedback from Feedback Hub under Developer Platform > Dev Drive.
Enahnced Backup and Restore capabilites
Company has made improvements to the backup and restore feature for Windows 11. This will make it easier than ever to move to a new PC. The goal is to help app developers keep their users when they transition to a new PC, and to make the desktop feel familiar to them.
- App Store: Restore your apps, including both Store, Android Apps, and Desktop apps, from your old PC to your new PC.
- Settings Restore: Restore your settings, including desktop layout, start menu layout, and keyboard shortcuts, from your old PC to your new PC.
- File Restore: Restore your personal and work files from your old PC to your new PC.
The aim of these improvements is to make it easier for users to get back to work quickly on their new PC.
Additional features include:
- Windows Backup App: A new app to quickly backup your current PC, making it easy to restore it to a new PC later.
- App Pin: Your pinned apps on the taskbar and start menu will be restored.
- Welcome Back: A new welcome back screen with a new restore feature during OOBE when setting up a new PC or resetting an existing one.
Note that backing up a work or school account is not supported. Developers can try these new features by setting up a new VPN using ISO and going through OOBE for a new restore experience.
Text Authoring in Voice Access
Company has added a new feature to Voice Access, allowing users to control their PC with their voice. These features are designed to make it easier for users to author text with Voice Access.
- Correction Command: Use the “Correction” command to correct words that are misrecognized by Voice Access. Say “Correct (Text)” or “Correct that” to correct specific pieces of text or the last dictated text. You can select an alternate word from the correction window to replace the selected text.
- Spell the Command: Use the “Spell that” or “Spell out” command to dictate the spelling of non-standard words, such as usernames and topics. The spelling window will display suggestions as you spell out a word letter by letter. You can select the correct word using your voice. All words and phrases dictated using the spelling experience are added to Voice Access’s dictionary and shown as suggestions when you try to spell the text next time.
Note that this feature is not yet available to everyone. It is currently rolling out to some insiders in the Dev Channel and will be rolling out to other developers in the coming weeks.
Natural Voice in Chinese for Narrator
Introducing a new Chinese natural voice that makes it easier for narrator users to browse the web, read, and write emails. This is a modern, on-device text-to-speech feature that works offline once downloaded.
How to Use Natural Voice
- Open Windows Narrator Settings (WIN + Ctrl + N).
- Under Narrator’s voice, select the Add button next to Add Natural Voice.
- Select the voice you want to install (you’ll need to download and install them separately). The new Chinese voices are Microsoft Xiaoxiao and Microsoft Yunxi.
- To start the download of the selected voice, select Install, and once the new voice has downloaded, select your preferred voice from the drop-down menu in Narrator’s voice and then choose a voice.
Note: These new voices are still in development, and the company is gathering feedback from users. You can submit feedback through Feedback Hub.
Notification toast system
Windows 11 will turn off notification banners for apps if it detects that users are not interacting with them. The banner won’t show up, but users can still find the notification in the notification center. This feature is currently only available to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel, but it will roll out to more people in the coming weeks.
New Features for Start Menu, Taskbar, and System
- Start Menu: Recent files will be ranked differently in the start menu recommendations based on factors such as file extension, so you may not see files purely in reverse chronological order.
- Taskbar & System Tray: Windows 11 introduces the Never Combined Mode, which allows you to see each window of your application on the taskbar individually, along with their corresponding labels. To use this, open Device Settings, go to Personalization, choose Taskbar, and then select Taskbar Behavior for a more customizable multitasking experience in Windows 11.
- Search on the Taskbar: When you hover over the search box, new hover behaviors and the search highlight gleam will show up. This will invoke the search flyout. You can adjust this by right-clicking on the taskbar, choosing taskbar settings, and adjusting your preferred search box experience.
- For File Explorer: There is a new Windows APP SDK version rolling out to insiders in Developer. The pizza icon on the command bar is being removed.
- For Emoji: There is a new emoji set which is more recognizable. The alien has been changed to be out there. There are a few bugs which will be fixed in future flights.
- For Windows Security: The updated Windows Security (firewall) notification dialogs now match Windows 11 visual.
- For Network: You can now bridge adapter via command line using Netsh.
- Microsoft added support for WPA 3 to Phone Link instant hotspot feature to provide a more secure connection to phone hotspot. They also fixed the respected metered connection settings, reduced duplicate profiles, and showed the phone’s display name in the network list.
- Passpoint Wifi Network now supports enhanced connection and will display a URL in quick settings.
- For Settings: There is now a link to advanced properties for network adapter and internet properties under Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings.
- You can view Wi-Fi password for your known network via Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi and Manage Known Networks.
- Microsoft added the ability to join Bluetooth Personal Area Networks under Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Devices. You can check for paired devices like phones that are sharing internet over Bluetooth from there.
- Based on user feedback, Microsoft also added the option to check daily and weekly data limit. The page will also show how far a data limit has been exceeded.
- Microsoft updated the design of the list under Settings > Apps > Startup Apps and Settings > Apps > Advanced App Settings > App Execution Aliases page to be more consistent with other settings pages.
- Microsoft added support for Settings > Apps > Startup to make it easier to access more information about the app listed.
For developers, the settings page has been moved from “Settings > Privacy & Security” to “Settings > System”. There are some known issues that you can check on the Windows Insider Blog.
Download Windows 11 Insider Preview 23466.1001 (ni_prerelease) AMD64
If you prefer clean installation or manual upgrading, then you can download the ISO Package, and installation guide mentioned down below.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23466
— Dev Channel
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25370 – 23466.1001.230522-1422.NI_PRERELEASE_CLIENTMULTI_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO
This is an AMD64 based on the x64 architecture, which is the most-preferred architecture for Windows 11 PCs.
Download ISO from Microsoft Insider Preview Download Page
Here is the guide if you prefer to download the ISO file from the official Microsoft Site.
- Open the Microsoft Insider Preview page, and scroll down to Select Edition.
- Choose Build from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the language and then click on continue.
- After that, click on 64-bit; that’s it.
How to install Windows 11?
Here are some pre-requirements to check before installing Windows 11 on your PC.
- Registered for Windows 11 Dev.
- Download and install WinRAR.
- Please check Windows 11 requirements here; if this error cannot be fixed, please refer to the troubleshooting guide here.
- Keep a backup of all critical documents, data, and apps.
- One compact flash drive (USB).
How to Create a Bootable Windows Insider Preview-Windows 11 Drive
- After downloading the Windows 11 ISO, navigate to the download folder.
- Once connected to a PC, conduct a FAT32 format on your Pendrive (DOS 11 Bootable Pendrive)
- Pick Extract from the right-click menu on the Windows 11 ISO file, and then select the USB Flash Drive.
- Once the extraction process is complete, you may perform a Windows upgrade.
- It’s completed!
How to Install Windows 11 on your Computer
- After shutting down your computer, perform a boot-up.
- After turning on the computer, press the Boot key (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up) to start it (HP laptop: Esc, Asus: F12; check the internet for the boot key as it appears at the beginning of the PC boot up).
- After selecting your USB Flash Drive, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please click Next if you do not have the product key.
- Select Custom, select Drive 0 (Or the C drive partition) as the partition type and then click Format/Next to install Windows 11 according to your choices.
- It eventually restarted. Now you can remove the USB drive.
- Following that, Windows 11 will begin to boot on your computer. Now all that remains is for you to create an account.
- That is all!
- India’s framework to tackle deepfakes before they disrupt democracyby Mehak
- Stop Buying an Avita Laptop: Bad Customer Support, Stuck on Boot, and Windows Update Restartby Love Adhikari
- Google Chrome adds a boarding pass detector to Androidby Mehak
- Xbox App Compact Mode for Windows Portal Devicesby Love Adhikari
- Find your Spotify Wrapped 2023by Mehak