What Should You Do If Your TikTok Parameters Are Invalid? Error Messages Keep Appearing
Besides getting banned in several countries, TikTok has boosted its user base by exploring more handy features. In turn, the same application is known again under the same name and reputation. In that case, if it shows some errors, it becomes a tactical problem for every user supporting TikTok.
Specifically, some TikTok users are complaining that they are getting the error “Invalid Parameters,” which is not shared. However, that does not mean it cannot be fixed. But, yes, the error can be the cause of multiple issues. On that note, we have prepared an article through which you will be able to fix this error.
How to Fix an Invalid Parameters Error Message on TikTok: What the Error Message Means and How to Fix
The TikTok error “Invalid Parameters” comes whenever the user performs specific actions with the TikTok application, such as commenting, liking, and many other activities. As the error is uncommon, there could be a particular reason for causing it. Also, an invalid parameter error means the TikTok app misbehaves while receiving user input.
In evaluating all these points, we examined the entire issue. Following that, we identified some potential fixes for this error message. So, without wasting more time, let’s move on to each spot and understand the issue more broadly.
Stop and restart the programme.
Firstly, check if you are getting the error message while performing a specific action, like commenting on any video. Then, it could be caused by corrupted internal files. As a result, you must stop the TikTok app and start it over again. We know you may not know about the force stop feature, but not to worry, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your device’s settings.
- Then scroll down and choose Application Management.
- Next, look for the TikTok app. Now, after finding it, tap on the TikTok app.
- Then, press the Force Stop button.
- That’s it. Launch TikTok again and check the error status.
Update your TikTok app.
Invalid parameters mean there can be some misunderstanding between the user and TikTok. As a result, it does not take your input and shows an invalid error. So, to fix this, check your TikTok app version and ensure it’s the latest version. As with the newest version, the same app works more accurately. You can update by following the steps below.
Note: Here, “Play Store” refers to the store that supports your device platform, such as the Google Play Store for Android and the App Store for iOS devices.
- Firstly, open your Play Store.
- Then, search for the TikTok app.
- Next, tap the Update button.
- As a result, it will start updating and will complete shortly.
- That’s it. Launch TikTok and check the error status.
Clear TikTok’s cache files.
Besides the Force Stop method, if you are still getting the same error, it means there are some errors with the files in the TikTok app. It’s also possible that the Invalid Parameters error is caused by it. So, we recommend you clear all the cache files related to the TikTok app. For better assistance, you can follow the steps given below:
- Start by navigating to Settings.
- Then scroll down and tap Application Management.
- Now, look for the TikTok app. Next, tap on “Clear Cache Files.”
- That’s it. Launch the TikTok app and check the error status.
With the three fixes listed above, we assume that your “invalid parameters” error has now been fixed. If you are still getting the same error, please refer to the TikTok official support page. Also, if you are confused by the following steps, please let us know in the comments section below.
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.