How to Fix Warzone 2 not Launching on PC (Steam Launcher)
Call Of Duty Warzone 2 encounters a strange error, Where players cannot launch the game on their PC. Most of them use steam, and players are frustrated with the game since it prevents players from playing it.
It doesn’t seem to be a major issue, but developers seem to be working to patch this with the upcoming update in a few weeks. This seems to be a basic problem with the local and cloud-saved files; try the following guide since it works for everyone.
Launch Steam as Administrator
Run your Steam launcher as an administrator on Windows; for this, the following guide is below.
- Starting with right-clicking on the Steam Launcher to open Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and then, Check the checkbox for the Run this program as an administrator.
- That’s it; click on steam to open Steam Launcher as Administrator.
Altenative; Steam to run as administrator
Otherwise, if you want to open it just once, right-click on the steam and click on Run as administrator.
Play Warzone 2 in Window Mode
Try to change the game display mode to WIndowed; check the following instructions.
- Open Windows Run dialog box (Shortcut key: Windows + R)
- Enter %LOCALAPPDATA%, and then go to the prospect Folder.
- Next, Head over to Saved and Config afterward.
- Under that folder, go to WIndowsNoEditor.
- Open the GameUserSettings with a text editor like Notepad.
- Now, Set the Value for FullScreenMode to 0.
- Save the file, and Try to launch the game again.
Update your Warzone 2
Developers might address the problem and release the patch update to fix this issue. For this, update your Warzone 2 from steam.
- Open steam, and then go to the library.
- Select Warzone 2, and then if there is a new update available, download it.
- Click on update, wait for it to finish and then launch Warzone 2.
Verify Warzone 2 Game File integrity
That’s too common for the game that some file gets corrupted. In this case, you need to check if there is any corrupted file that needs to replace. For this, you don’t need to download the game; all you have to do is to verify the game file using a Steam launcher.
- Open steam, and open the library.
- Right-click on Warzone 2 and select Properties.
- Choose Local File, and then Select Verify integrity of Game File.
- Wait for it to finish; if it finds any corrupted file, it will replace the updated file from the game server.
Update your PC Graphics Driver
The company has pushed the graphics driver update to compile with the Warzone 2, so if you still need to update your Graphics driver, check for the update.
- Open Device Manager from the Quick Access Menu in the Windows Start menu.
- From there, Double Click on the display adapter and then Right-click on your choice of graphics card.
- Now, Select the updated Driver, and it will start Searching for an update.
- Windows will automatically download and update your graphics card if any drivers are available.
- That’s it!
Display Steam Overlay and Steam Input
Overlocking in the background takes a lot of resources, which could prevent the game from running smoothly in the background. So check the game again after disabling the Steam Overlay and Steam Input.
- Open steam, and then Head over to the library.
- Next, Right-click on the Warzone 2 and Choose Properties.
- Go to General and UnCheck the Checkbox to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- That’s it.
To disable the Steam input, here are the steps.
- Open steam, and then head over to the library.
- Right-click on the Warzone, and then Choose COntroller.
- From Override for warzone 2 to set disable steam input.
- That’s it
End background Process
If something still consumes the resources in the background, try disabling the background process. You can use the Windows PC Manager to Quit the Background task. Else, you can use the Task manager.
- Open Task Manager (Shortcut Key: Ctr; + Shift + Del)
- Now head over to the process, and then Select the task you want to end the process.
- Right-click on the task, and then click on End Task.
- That’s it!
Disable Windows Defender
To protect your PC, windows defender might be preventing Warzone from loading; for this, you can try launching the game after disabling it.
- Open Windows Security from the Windows Search.
- From there, Head over to Virtus & threat protection and then choose Manage Settings.
- Now, please Turn off the Real-time protection, and That’s it!
After troubleshooting, relaunch Warzone 2 on your PC; hopefully, this guide remains helpful for you and you have successfully resolved your issue. If not try to get in touch with the Activision Support. Thanks for being with us; we would like your valuable opinion and feedback; if there is any query, share it with us in the comment below.
- Realme X7 Max 5G Rolling out stable Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update
- How to Download and Install Fortnite on Android Devices
- How to use Microsoft Phone Link to sync your Android phone with Windows PCs
- The Best Upcoming Smartphone in February for Every Budget
- Download Samsung Pass from the Microsoft Store, available for Windows 10 and 11.