How to Quickly Fix the ‘Unfortunately, Settings Has Stopped Working’ Error on Android
It has been observed that whenever we want to change any settings on our Android phone, we encounter a common error called “Unfortunately, settings have stopped working” in Android. This annoying issue creates a hurdle while changing your Android device’s settings. However, only some people are experiencing this problem, but the vast majority report the same error.
We investigated the sources of the error and found different causes of the “settings stopped” error. However, not all causes happen to everyone. To overcome the confusion, we have prepared a list of key steps to help you fix this irritating issue. Meanwhile, we will look at how to fix the unfortunate situation where settings have stopped working on Android.
Unfortunately, the settings have stopped working.
Crashing an Android device can be caused by a variety of factors, including corrupted cache files. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the device settings.
- Navigate to the Applications tab.
- Tap on Application Manager and navigate to Settings.
- Tap on “force stop.”
- Tap on “Clear Cache.”
- Restart your phone.
Additionally, consider uninstalling any recently installed apps that may be causing the issue.
Clear out the cache files stored on your device if you are still experiencing the “Unfortunately, settings have stopped working” error on your Android phone. If this does not work, try to remember which application you installed before the error occurred. This is because it is possible that malfunctioning files were introduced with that recent app on your phone. Follow these steps to uninstall the recently installed app:
- Open device settings.
- Go to the Applications section.
- Find the application that you recently installed.
- Tap on that application.
- Tap on Uninstall and confirm it.
Clearing the cache file is often the most effective solution for fixing the “Unfortunately, settings have stopped working” error. If this doesn’t work, uninstalling the last installed app is the final way to fix the error.
Hopefully, this information has been helpful in understanding how to fix the “Unfortunately, settings have stopped working” error on an Android device. If you have any further questions, please share them in the comment section below.
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.