How to sync Fitbit with Google Fit using the Health Connect app
Fitbit is an American consumer fitness company that promises to deliver the best fitness watches and bands. The Fitbit company was founded in 2007 by James Park. In November 2019, Google announced that it had acquired Fitbit. Since then, Google has become the parent company of Fitbit. If you remember, Google has a fitness tracking app “Google Fit”.
There could be multiple reasons why you want to sync your FitBit Data with Google Fit. However it is quite straightforward, For this, you need Health Connect which you can download from Google Play Store. This app has a lot of features related to Mental and Physical health. It also has YouTube’s “Stay Fit With Me” feature to guide you. Using Fitbit
Subsequently, It became a necessity for Fitbit users to sync their data with Google fit. However, Fitbit shows accurate data but synchronization offers more flexibility to the users. Even some users are using both Google fit and Fitbit but are unable to sync data. So, here we will discuss how to sync Fitbit data with Google fit.
How to sync Fitbit data with Google Fit – step-by-step guide
To sync Fitbit data with Google Fit, Google developed an app “Health connect” that was mainly developed for syncing data between Fitbit and Google fit. Because Google Fit doesn’t have a feature to automatically track your health data. Meanwhile, Health Connect is the only way to get your fitness stats over your Android phone.
Following that, You can see extensive flexibility in your health data. And not only on your device, but you can also access Fitbit data to multiple apps using such a Health Connect app. So, To explore the advanced functionality do the below steps to sync your Fitbit.
Note: Before heading the below steps, make sure to have Google Health and Fitbit apps on your android phone. You can check all the supported apps here.
- Simply, Open Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for Health Connect by Android.
- Next, tap on the install button and install it.
- After that, Head into Google fit app and tap the settings cog under the profile tab.
- Now tap on the allow button.
- Open the Fitbit app and tap on your profile photo.
- At the bottom, tap on Health Connect.
- Then Toggle on the option Sync with Health Connect and Tap Turn on.
- Choose your desired permissions and Tap allow.
- That’s it, Your Fitbit data will soon start showing on the Google Fit app.
Once you finish setting up connect your Health Connect app to sync your data. All the activity will be done in the background, so it gonna take some time and will automatically update regularly.
Collectively, In such a way you can take a complete overlook at your Fitbit on Google fit app. We have even discussed the complete steps for synchronization. Still, if any user has a query with the same thing then feel free to ask them all in the comment section down below.
- Realme X7 Max 5G Rolling out stable Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update
- How to Download and Install Fortnite on Android Devices
- How to use Microsoft Phone Link to sync your Android phone with Windows PCs
- The Best Upcoming Smartphone in February for Every Budget
- Download Samsung Pass from the Microsoft Store, available for Windows 10 and 11.