The Apple HomePod and HomePod mini are designed to automatically install available software updates, but it is also possible to manually update the system software when new updates become available through the Home app on a Mac. Both HomePod and HomePod mini support stereo pairing, but it is important to note that original HomePods and HomePod minis cannot be paired and that only two original HomePods or two HomePod minis can be used as stereo speakers.
Additionally, when two HomePod speakers are connected, only one will handle speakerphone calls, play alarms, and respond to Siri commands. In this guide, we will show you how to set up an Apple HomePod stereo pair. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Setup a stereo pair of HomePods
Before proceeding, it is important to note that a pair of HomePods or HomePod minis is necessary and that regular HomePods cannot be paired with HomePod minis. Both devices must be powered on and identical in terms of their operating system and Apple ID. Additionally, they must be located in the same room and connected to the same Apple ID. Once these requirements have been met, the following steps can be followed to set up a stereo pair of HomePods or HomePod minis.
- To set up a stereo pair of HomePods or HomePod minis, begin by downloading the Home app to your iPhone or iPad.
- Once the app is installed, launch it and hold a HomePod or HomePod mini in your hand. Select the details of the accessory and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- In the bottom right corner, click the Settings icon and continue scrolling until you reach the option to “Create Stereo Pair.”
- It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect on the HomePods.
- If you change your mind, you can tap “Ungroup Accessories” instead of “Create Stereo Pair.”
- Once the stereo pair has been set up, the HomePods will respect the left and right channels, providing a more immersive audio experience.
To uncouple the stereo HomePod speakers using the Home app, tap and hold one of them, go to the settings menu, and select “Ungroup Accessories.” We hope that you have successfully set up an Apple HomePod stereo pair. Thank you for choosing to follow this guide.
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.