How can I remove Glance from the lockscreen on a Xiaomi or Realme phone
As you may be aware, OEM bloatware such as Glance displays various information on the lock screen of your phone. If you have previously used a Realme or Xiaomi device, you may have noticed that Glance content is displayed on the lock screen, accompanied by a changing wallpaper each time you unlock the screen. Additionally, this content may also be linked to a website or the Play Store.
While this feature may be appealing to users who are interested in staying up to date on the latest headlines and discovering new information, it can be inconvenient for those who prefer to set their favorite photo as their lock screen wallpaper. If you would like to remove Glance from the lock screen on a Xiaomi or Realme phone, please refer to the following instructions.
How to remove Glance from the lockscreen of your Xiaomi or Realme phone?
Advertising and bloatware are integral to the smartphone industry, and it is rare to find a smartphone that does not include these elements. While some companies may refer to this type of feature as Glance (Xiaomi) or Lockscreen Magazine (Realme), the purpose remains the same: to showcase sponsored content on the lockscreen.
From a user standpoint, Glance can be useful as it presents information about popular events. However, it may also display content and wallpaper that users may not wish to keep indefinitely. It is important to note that not all users have the same preferences, and while some may enjoy Glance, others may prefer to set their own favorite image as their lockscreen.
In addition to personal preference, there are other considerations to keep in mind when it comes to Glance. It has been known to drain battery life, use up RAM, and constantly use the internet. If you are a user who wishes to disable Glance, the following instructions will guide you through the process.
Please note that the user interface on Realme and Xiaomi phones is different, so we have provided separate instructions for each brand below.
For Xiaomi smartphones:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Lock Screen’ option.
- Tap on ‘MI Glance’ and turn off the Glance toggle.
For Realme smartphones:
- Open the Settings app.
- Locate and tap on the ‘Home Screen & Lock Screen Magazine’ option.
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘LEHUA lockscreen‘ option.
- Disable the ‘Lockscreen Magazine’ option.
It is worth noting that users can easily access their Glance or Lockscreen Magazine on their smartphone at any time by enabling the toggle, rather than disabling it as described above. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments below.
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.