How to use Windows 10’s Remote Desktop app to connect to a PC
If you are wondering how you can use Remote Desktop on Windows 10, you can access your computer remotely with this article. You can download the Remote Desktop app from the Microsoft Store. It is designed to have access through a local network.
From FluencyThis will be a step-by-step instruction guide, so without further ado, let’s check it out.
How to enable Remote Connection on Windows 10
You can operate Remote Desktop through a local network as well as through the internet.
- Open the Control Panel and then head over to System and Security.
- From there, select Allow Remote Access to appear under the system.
- Then click on the Remote Tab and click Allow Remote Connection to this computer to appear under Remote Desktop.
- After that, check the ‘Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication’ box.
- Click OK, then click Apply to save.
- Click OK.
Now you have enabled Remote Connection, and afterwards, you have access to Remote Desktop Connection. However, if you encounter any malfunctions, ensure Fireware has all the required rules for the connection.
Alternatively, you can enable Remote Desktop from the Windows Settings menu.
- Open Windows Settings and then head over to the system from the left panel.
- Then, click on Remote Desktop, and from there, toggle Enable Remote Desktop.
- Click OK to save. That’s it.
Note: If you set up the remote desktop with your internet connection, follow the upcoming instructions. However, if you want to connect to other devices, head over to the Install Remote App Guide.
Enable Remote Connection on the Router
You have to tweak some settings on your internet router to enable remote connection. For this, you require your public address to establish a remote computer.
Change the Static IP Address in Windows 10
Windows computers use dynamic IP from the DHCP Router, which is why you need to switch from dynamic to static IP because, with dynamic IP, your IP address is constantly changing. To access Remote Desktop and stay connected, you require statics to avoid port forwarding on the router.
- From Fluency
- Click on the Network and Sharing centre and then select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the active adapter and choose Properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then select Properties.
- Click on the General tab and then like Use the following IP
- You can also use your TCP/IP to check this by opening CMD and then running ipconfig.
- There you can see your IP address.
- Additionally, you can use public DNS, available online from Google, Cloudfare, and such.
- To save changes, click OK and then close the window.
After configuring, you can check your IP address. Here’s how you can check your public IP address.
- Open a Web browser and search for “What’s My IP.”
- There you can find your public IP address.
- That’s it!
Forward Port on the Router
To allow a remote connection, you have to enable TCP port 3389 on your router. Meanwhile, settings might be different based on your OEM, so check your manufacturer’s support page to configure the forward port on the router.
- Open the Run dialogue box and then type CMD. Hit enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig and then under IPv4 to check your device’s device address.
- After that, open your Web-browser and then enter your IP address.
- Next, enter your username and password.
- Head over to the Port Forwarding Settings page, and then confirm the port forwarding.
- Click on Add Profile, which appears under Port Forwarding List.
- Afterwards, create your port forward.
- RemoteDesktop is the service name.
- From Fluency
- Internal Port Number: 3389
- Based on your preferences,
- That’s it!
Connect to Remote Desktop Connection
After finishing the setup, you can now access the Remote Desktop. Here are the following instructions.
- Open the Microsoft Store, and then search for Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Head over to the page, and then download the Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Launch the app, and then click on the + Add button that appears in the upper-right corner.
- Click on PCs and then enter your device details.
- Under PC name, enter the TCP/IP address.
- Enter an IP address inside a private network.
- Enter a public IP address on a remote network (via the internet)
- Click on + Plus under the user name that appears on the upper-right
- Confirm the details to sign in to your remote computer.
- If you are using a Microsoft account, then use the Microsoft account sign-in.
- Next, if you have been using the router, Enter your router username and password to sign in.
- Click Save to continue, and then to get connected, start a remote session that appears under Saved Desktops.
- Next, check the following “Don’t ask about this certificate again” and click on Connect.
- That’s it!
After finishing, you are now allowed to connect to a Windows 10 device, and that’s it if you want to close the current Remote Desktop settings. If you’re going to tweak the settings, you have to make some changes.
- Open Remote Desktop and then click on Settings, which appears in the upper-right corner.
- Head over to the user account and after selecting it, click on the Edit button to make changes.
- Next, configure the settings accordingly and then click on the Save button.
- That’s it!
So this is how you can connect using a remote connection. We would like to know your valued opinion and feedback if there is any query you can share with us in the comment section below. From Fluency
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 9 Prime | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Sunwind Sky 7 E200 | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 9T | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (CAS) | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Neffos X20 (MT6761) | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 5 ZS673KS | Root Your Device
- Download Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22478.1000 ISO | Upgrade Windows 11 Insider Preview OS Dev Build
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV6300 Pro | Root Your Device
- Download and Install Wigor V4 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Realme C25Y RMX3265 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)