OnePlus 7/7T series final OxygenOS Update | Download OTA
In 2019, OnePlus launched an outstanding series of smartphones. There was a smartphone series launched in May 2019 known for its excellent cameras and hardware support. You guessed it, it was the OnePlus 7 series, for which the company promised four OS updates. And now, if we calculate from 2019 to 2023, it will be four years.
Meanwhile, this is the right time for the final OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 7 series. OnePlus confirmed on their community forum recently that OxygenOS 12 would be released. Sadly, only a few OnePlus users find it relevant. So, here we will discuss the final OS update for the OnePlus 7 series, as well as the installation guide for it.
The final OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series is now available for download as an OTA
We can now definitively conclude that the OnePlus 7 series is coming to an end. On the OnePlus community forum, it has been reported that the OnePlus 7/7T series will receive the final OxygenOS update based on Android 12, called OxygenOS 12 MP3. Among the major changes in this update are the December 2022 Android security patch and network stability.
The final update will roll out according to region. That means every region has a dedicated build number. There might be some confusion for you when choosing which build to get for your OnePlus 7 series handset. So, for your convenience, below are the different builds mentioned on their regional basis.
|Regional builds for Oxygen OS 12 MP3|
|OnePlus 7 Pro||GM1911_11.H.32||GM1913_11.H.32||GM1913_11.H.32|
|OnePlus 7T Pro||HD1911_11.F.18||HD1913_11.F.18||HD1913_11.F.18|
After getting onto these regional builds, I am sure you are eager to download and instal this final update. So, do not worry, because below we have listed the complete steps needed to instal it. Check, How to Install OTA, Sideload Android Update on OnePlus Smartphones.
- Visit the OnePlus Software Upgrade page.
- Look for your OnePlus Phone and tap on it.
- Now you will see the latest update available.
- Tap on the “Download” option and download the update’s ZIP file.
- Once it finishes, head to your device settings.
- Under settings, scroll down to system updates.
- Now click on the settings icon appearing in the top-right corner.
- Select Local Upgrade, find that downloaded zip file, and instal it.
- Lastly, reboot your Phone and enjoy the final update.
Additionally, OnePlus users can get the same update through automatic updates. More specifically, such users can access this through Settings >> About Phone>> Software Update. In spite of this, your Phone may not receive this update until later. The above steps will take you directly to the update.
Therefore, from the company’s point of view, the OnePlus 7 series smartphones are nearing the end of their lives as they are receiving their final update. But do not worry; OnePlus does an excellent job of offering advanced and reliable features. We’ll have to wait and see what OnePlus does in the future or how they will guarantee security and software updates going forward.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. As of now, the final OxygenOS update is mentioned above.
Ans. OnePlus recently announced that OxygenOS 13 will be released, which promises 5 years of software updates.
Ans. No, there are currently no plans to discontinue OxygenOS.
Ans. OxygenOS provides more attention to detail than other custom user interfaces.
- WhatsApp will have a 2GB file sharing document banner, a calling shortcut, and make pinned messages more accessible.
- How to enable Split-screen in Microsoft Edge
- Download Android 13 for Google Pixel LineageOS 20 | LineageOS 20
- How to Go Live on YouTube with a Co-host on Android/iOS
- Update your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro to avoid bricking your device in restarting mode.