How to install and use the Microsoft Designer feature with the DALL-E model as Bing Image Creator app on Windows 11.
Microsoft has recently announced Microsoft Designer. However, the app is only available on the web, so there are no native apps for Windows. But there is a way to use the web-based app to use Microsoft Designer on Windows 11. If you’ve never heard of Microsoft Designer, it’s a generative AI-based app that allows you to create different graphics, posters, presentation content, and more.
Since it’s only available on the web, there is no native app, but you can still use it on Windows 11, Windows 10, macOS, or Linux. You can use it to create several types of content you can share on social media and other channels. Microsoft Designer is based on OpenAI’s Generative-AI DALL-E, which allows you to create images from prompts. This is quite similar to Bing Image Creator.
Bing Image Creator
With several accessible modes, including Creative, Balanced, and Precise, you can create different styles of images with the prompt. Users must describe the image and provide other context, such as choosing the art style, location, and activity. This feature is also integrated into the Microsoft Edge browser in the sidebar, which you can enable from the sidebar. Despite this, it is still in the early testing phase and is only available in English.
You can use the Progressive Web App (PWA) to install Microsoft Designer via Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. After installing, you can use the website as a native app on your computer. This has several benefits, such as using it offline and other features without requiring you to consume storage space. Follow the instructions below to install the Microsoft Designer app on your computer:
- Open Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge on your computer.
- After that, visit Microsoft Designer (Web) and click on the Customize and Control (triple-dot) button in the upper-right corner.
- Next, select the More Tools menu and the Create Shortcut option.
- Now give a name to the PWA, click the “Open in New Window” button, and tap on the Install or “Install” button.
- Click on the Create option, and it will appear in the All Apps option.
Once you install Microsoft Designer as a PWA, you can find it in Microsoft Windows 11 in all apps or search in Windows Search. Similarly, if you want to uninstall it, head to the app icon on Windows Start/App, then right-click on the Microsoft Designer app and click on Uninstall to remove Microsoft Designer. Also, you can uninstall it from the Windows Settings. Head over to Apps from the Apps & Feature, click on Microsoft Designer, and then click the Uninstall button to remove the app.
To use Microsoft Designer, use AI to create images with minimal effort. These results are quite designer, and after installing the web-based Microsoft Designer application, it integrates with DALL-E 2.5. To use Microsoft Designer and get started, follow the instructions below. This app is free to everyone and will become a free addition for Microsoft 365 subscribers.
- Open Microsoft Designer and log in with your Microsoft account by clicking the “Try Designer for Free” button to sign in.
- After that, there is a text bot to write the prompt, and then Chatbot Prompt will help you generate an image based on AI with a template. After clicking “Generate,” you will have a template on the right side that you can use to edit the images.
- Tap on the image, and then you can start refining and editing with suggestions from the right side, and then click the “Customize” button.
- Note: You can also use a black canvas to create images from scratch.
- The editing page is divided into three sections with a toolbar that includes zoom, undo, redo, and the ability to create a new design or resize the project and export the image by downloading it.
- On the left, you can edit and create your image. The template tab includes new designs available with Microsoft Designer. Also, “My Media” allows you to upload media from your computer or other services, including Dropbox and Google Photos, and you can drop the file directly if you want to upload the image from your computer. Even the visuals have different shares, videos, and shapes of different types of illustrations. You can also use search or tabs to find the visual you want to use in your project.
- On the left is a text panel that brings different styles of text, like Headlines, subheadings, and Body text, along with different fonts. Now, on the right side, you have an ideas panel to enhance your design.
- While creating the image, it does have a toolbar with different options like colour, text style, cropping tool, effect, and more, along with the ability to change the layer position, opacity, and more.
- You can download the image in formats like .png, .jpg, or .pdf. Don’t forget to check the “Remove Watermark” checkbox and click the download button to save the image.
There are many excellent design tools, like Photoshop and Canvas, but Microsoft Designer only partially competes against those. Many functionalities and capabilities need to be added to the Microsoft Designer app to use AI tools to automate the creation. To use Microsoft Designer, you can use it from the sidebar and customize button.
- Download One UI 6.0 beta 3 for the Galaxy S23 series | Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Samsung release OneUI 6 Beta 4 to Galaxy S23 | Download Firmwareby Romeshwar Prasad
- Genshin Impact 4.1 Application Date & How to Apply, Livestream Date, New Events and Weapons, Release Date & Time, Banners, Characters & Moreby Mehak
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic Review: Features, Health, and Double-Tapby Love Adhikari
- PAYDAY 3 crashes or lags to improve performance.by Mehak