How to force-update a Samsung Galaxy phone on T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T, and factory unlocked.
Samsung released a new update with a revamped design and significant appearance changes, introducing a brand-new UI called OneUI 5. However, many users still need that update. The reason for this is an interruption of service. Unfortunately, there’s little that can be done about this. However, there is a way to force your Samsung device to update.
It can be difficult, requiring switching carriers and unlocking your phone. The technical task of doing so can be challenging for regular users and may prevent them from receiving updates. To address these issues, here is a brief guide.
Force update Samsung Galaxy phones on T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, and factory unlock
It has already been mentioned that an unlocked carrier device is required to force-update a Samsung device. Additionally, switching carriers is necessary. To make the process easier, we have compiled a list of steps to follow to instantly update your Samsung phone.
Note: Every carrier has some requirements for customers to switch over. To meet these needs, let’s dive in.
- First, disable your SIM and switch to a Wi-Fi network (which may consume 2GB of data).
- Next, note down your device’s IMEI number (you can do this by dialling *#06# or navigating to Settings > About Phone).
- Open the device dialer and type 272IMEI# (replace IMEI with your device’s IMEI number). Select the carrier code for VZW (Verizon) or choose ATT (AT&T) (choose the one where your device received an update).
- Click “install” and choose “Sales and Network Code Change.” After rebooting your device, go to Settings > System Update and check for updates.
- That’s it. You’re done.
If you have a locked carrier phone, you can force an update using an actual SIM card. Follow the steps above for your Samsung Galaxy to be updated. These are the steps to force an update on your Samsung phone. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask them below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ans. Try updating manually by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update.
Ans. Look for software updates either manually or automatically.
Ans. For Samsung devices, you can follow the steps outlined above. Q4. Can an app force me to update? Ans. No, there is no way for an app to force an update.
- Download Windows 11 Build 22635.2841 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 22635.2841 (ni_prerelease) ISO Downloadby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Windows 11 Build 23595 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 23595.1001 (ni_prerelease) ISO Downloadby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Windows 11 Build 26002 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 10.0.26002.1010 (rs_prerelease) ISO Downloadby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) One UI 6 S918BXXS3BWK5 | Firmware Build for Indiaby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) One UI 6 S911BXXS3BWK5 | Firmware Build for Indiaby Romeshwar Prasad