How to Fix Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly” in Window 11
An application that was unable to start correctly had an error code of 0xc00007b. An error code such as this indicates that your Windows files are corrupted or a DLL file from your application is missing. When you download something from an unauthorized source, you are likely to receive this error. Anti-virus engines often delete DLLs and prevent applications from running if they detect something suspicious.
If the correct redistributables are not installed on your computer, this error code will also occur. You will have problems running 32-bit applications if you do not have 32-bit DLLs. Then you’ll need to install all the VC runtimes.
As you’ll see in this article, there are several ways you can solve the 0xc00007b error code on your own. Our team has collected the best workingmethods for you and presented them in a simple manner. The methods range from simple to advanced.
1. Repair Corrupt System Files
From here, download and run Restoro to scan and restore corrupt and missing repositories, and then update Windows.
2. Run The Program As Administrator
The error may occur because you are attempting to run the application without administrative privileges. Choose Run as administrative by right clicking on the application. The application will run smoothly after you click Yes in the new window that appears.
3. Reinstall your application
The 0xc000007b error can be fixed by reinstalling the application causing the error. When reinstalling, you should turn off the antivirus program and choose the additional software provided during installation. If you don’t want to see the search bar or other offers, you can skip them.
4. Update .NET Framework
A number of other causes for this error message could be due to the .NET Framework. So, updating the .NET Framework to the latest version might wipe out the error.
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and click on Turn Windows features on or off to install .NET Framework. A list of Windows features will appear in a new window. Press OK after selecting the .NET Framework 3.5. The download will begin and after the installation your PC will restart with the error fixed.
5. Update DLL
Although the DLL method of fixing this error is a bit complicated, it can resolve the issue caused by 0xc000007b error for sure. The method involves replacing a file called xinput1_3.dll inside the C drive. It is possible for this file to be corrupted or overwritten with another version that results in this error. Follow these instructions to resolve this issue.
DLL xinput1_3.dll can be downloaded from DLLME.
The files can be extracted using a compression tool called Winrar.
In the extracted folder, copy the xinput1_3.dll file and paste it in C:\ Windows \ SysWOW64. Simply click on Copy and Replace when prompted to replace.
6. Update DirectX
The solution we need to use if none of the methods above work is to update/reinstall DirectX. If none of the solutions above work, we need to reinstall Windows. DirectX can be updated/reinstalled at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 – Download the setup file and run it; then follow steps on screen to reinstall it. Once done; reboot PC and test.
If any of these methods worked for you, please let us know; and if none worked for you, please let us know so we can improve our guide.
7. Reinstall the affected application
It is possible that you are experiencing this problem because something went wrong during the installation of the affected application. This is the case if the affected application is being reinstalled, and to do so, you will have to:
- You can uninstall a program by visiting Control Panel, Programs, then Programs and Features.
- Select the affected application, click on Uninstall, and then locate and right-click on it.
- Uninstall the application using the uninstallation wizard.
- Restart your computer after the application has been uninstalled.
- Reinstall the affected application when your computer boots up.
- After reinstalling the affected application, run it to see if the problem has been resolved.
8. Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ is often the culprit of this issue. If you observe the problem is due to Microsoft Visual C++, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on your computer. This can only be accomplished if you do the following:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall a program.
- Choose Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable – x86 (if your computer has a 32-bit Operating System) or Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable – x64 (if your computer has a 64-bit Operating System), and then click Uninstall.
- Install the redistributable(s) and then uninstall them with the uninstallation wizard.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling the redistributable(s).
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable – x86 installer from here (if your computer runs a 32-bit operating system) or the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable – x64 installer from here (if you are running a 64-bit operating system).
- Download both installation packages if you uninstalled both Redistributables.
- After downloading the installer, run it and follow the steps to install either version of the
- Redistributable. You may have to download and install both Redistributables at the same time.
- As soon as your computer has bootsed up, restart it to determine whether or not the issue still persists.
9. Run CHKDSK to scan your computer’s Hard Drive
It is possible that none of the solutions described and listed above will work for you, so you might consider running a CHKDSK scan on your computer’s Hard Drive to find problems and resolve them. Hard Drive issues can also lead to this problem. To run CHKDSK, you must:
- You can open the Start Menu from there.
- Type “cmd” into the search box.
- Launch an elevated Command Prompt by right-clicking the search result titled cmd and selecting Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Enter the following commands into the elevated Command Prompt:
chkdsk /f /r
- The next time your computer restarts, you will be asked whether you want the scan to be scheduled. If you want to confirm, enter y in the elevated Command Prompt.
- The computer should be restarted.
- In general, when CHKDSK is run during the booting process, it will automatically begin scanning
- your computer’s hard drive. You just need to be patient while it runs.
- After CHKDSK has completed, the computer will boot into Windows. Afterwards, you can see if the problem has been resolved.
10. Update Windows
Windows can fix this issue in some cases by updating to the latest version. In this step, we will check for updates. In that case:
- To open settings, press “Windows” and “I” simultaneously.
- Select “Windows Update” from the left pane of the “Update and Security” option in settings.
- Let Windows check and download any new updates by clicking on the “Check for Updates” option.
- Click on the “Install” option to install the updates on your computer after they have been downloaded.
- Make sure the issue does not persist after this.
11. Running in Compatibility Mode
Sometimes, it may be as simple as running the application in compatibility mode for another version of Windows. This is necessary due to the incompatibility between Windows and some applications. Follow the instructions below to accomplish this.
- Right-click on the application’s executable file and navigate to the application’s location.
- On the “Properties” tab, click the “Compatibility” tab.
- Click on the “Run this Program in Compatibility Mode For” dropdown and select “Windows Vista” or any other version of Windows.
- Click “Apply” and then “OK”.
- To determine whether the problem persists, check your server.
12: Installing “.dll” file (Only for VLC)
The “.dll” file that is supposed to be placed in System 32 folder seems to be the solution that works for some users. However, this solution needs to be applied very carefully since System 32 is a very sensitive folder containing the majority of Windows essentials. Because “.dll” files from the internet can often be infected, perform this process at your own risk. The following steps must be taken:
- Download the “libvlc.dll“ file from the internet.
- After selecting the file, navigate to the download location and copy it with “Ctrl” + “C” after selecting it.
- Navigate to the following address.
- To paste the file inside the folder, press “Ctrl” + “V”.
- If the issue persists, allow any UAC prompts to confirm the action.
- Additionally, try deleting the shortcut you are using to launch the application and creating a new one.
13. Properly Reinstalling Windows VC Runtimes
VC Runtimes can also cause this issue when they are not properly installed or if they are corrupted. By following these steps, you can remove them all from your computer, then reinstall them all.
Uninstalling all runtimes:-
- To open the Run program, hold down the Windows key and press the “R” key.
- Press enter after opening the run program and typing “Appwiz.cpl”.
- Find all the VC++ Redists and uninstall them one by one.
Clean-up of Windows components:-
Using this command, set up the WinSxS Component Store once the VC Runtimes have been uninstalled.
- The Start Menu can be opened by holding down the Windows key and pressing the “X” key.
- To run PowerShell (Administrator), click “Command Prompt (Administrator)”.
- Press enter on the Command Prompt to run the following command.
- Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- After the process has finished, restart your computer.
Reinstalling VC Runtimes:-
- Go to this link (here) and download the file after restarting your computer.
- Once you have downloaded the file, you will need to unzip it.
- Once you have unzipped the file, you will have the installers.
- You must run the file as an administrator by selecting the “Run as administrator” option from the right-
- click menu, Wait for all the VC Runtimes to install (this is an automated process).
- Check if the problem persists after restarting your computer.
Thanks for being with us, We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- Micromax launched IN 2b under Rs 10,000 with UniSoc SoC in India
- Oneplus 10 pro may introduce Under Display camera Concept- Check Key Specification
- Realme 8s expected to launch soon in india with 6GB and 8GB configuration
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Spotted on TENNA reveals 12GB + 256GB Configuration, Launch Imminent
- ZTE Axon 30 will launch soon globally in September
- Micromax In 2b officially Launched in India with UNISOC T610 chipset
- What are the key Specs for All-new Realme GT Flash?
- What are the Expected Specifications for Upcoming Realme Laptops
- What are the Expected key Specs for the Upcoming Realme Pad?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 Expected Price in European Market
- Tecno Pop 5 launched with Android 10 Go, 6.1-Inch HD+ IPS LCD, and SC7731E