How to Fix the NordVPN Connection Problem: Troubleshooting connectivity on Windows
NordVPN is one of the fastest VPN service providers across the globe, but a lot of users frequently complain about connection problems. Today in this article, we will be fixing some of the NordVPN connection problems. Follow the following instructions mentioned down below.
How to Fix It If Nord VPN Doesn’t Connect: Connection Problem.
These are the basic troubleshooting steps, and they are quite straightforward instructions to follow.
Check out your Nord VPN service
Open your NordVPN account and check if your account is active. Ensure your account subscription is active and isn’t suspended. If you have paid but didn’t get renewed, then it may take some time depending upon your payment method. Ideally, some transactions may take up to 40 minutes to verify. whereas coin payments may take up to 24 hours.
Alter the order of protocols and server
If you have an active plan, then try switching protocols and servers. Some connections may not be allowed to be connected if they are overloaded. Also, you can use the Quick Connect functionality to choose a quicker access point. Also, try switching the protocols. UDP is usually faster than TCP.
How to Change Nord VPN Protocols
- Select NordVPN Settings from the left-nav bar.
- Navigate to Auto-Connect and then to “Choose a VPN Protocol and Server automatically.”
- Check that you have turned off automatic connection and that you have expanded the drop-down menu. Choose the VPN protocol accordingly.
- That’s it!
Install Nord VPN again.
- For this, you can reset the NordVPN app on Windows. For this, check out the guide down below.
- Navigate to the NordVPN settings page by clicking the gear icon on the left-hand side.
- From the sidebar, select advanced, and then click on the Run Diagnostics tool.
- In that window, click the Reset app button.
- That’s all!
However, if you are running NordVPN on Android, IOS, or MacOS, then you simply need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Change DNS servers.
Try changing the existing DNS server to the Cloudfare DNS server. Speed and stability depend upon the operating system. To check, follow the instructions mentioned down below.
How to Change DNS Server Settings on Windows.
- Right-click on the Network/ Wi-Fi network icon, and then select Network and Sharing center.
- From there head over to Change Adapter options, and then right-click on the Wi-Fi or ethernet icon.
- Then choose properites, and then choose Interent Protocl Version 3 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click properites, and then enter Cloudfare DNS address under use the following DNS server address 22.214.171.124 and for alterative enter 126.96.36.199. Then hit enter
- You need to also tweak the DNS server on the TAP – NordVPN wireless adapter.
How to Change DNS Server Settings on MacOS
- Navigate to System Preferences and then to Network.
- Select your active network and then click Advance.
- To add a DNS Profile, go to the DNS Tab and then click the “+” icon.
- Type 188.8.131.52 and then press “+” to add 184.108.40.206.
- Then press the OK button.
How to change the DNS Server Settings on Linux
- Ctrl + T will launch Terminal.
- Enter Su to acess root, and then execute the following command rm -r/etc/resolv.conf and nano /etc/resolv.conf
- Next, it will open a Text editor, Enter nameserver 220.127.116.11 and then nameserver 18.104.22.168.
- Save the file, and Close the Text editor.
- Now, Enter the command on terminal chattr +I/etc/resolv.conf and then reboot now.
- That’s it!
How to Change DNS Settings on Android.
- Open Device Settings, and head over to Connection.
- Then, choose Wi-Fi and open your active network.
- Press the I button, then navigate to DNS 1, where you can enter 22.214.171.124 and DNS 2, where you can enter 126.96.36.199.
- Then save the settings, and that’s it.
- That’s it!
How to change DNS settings on iOS.
- Open Device Settings and head over to Wi-Fi.
- Choose the active Wi-Fi network, and then tap on the “I” icon.
- Scroll down and then tap on “Configure DNS.”
- Then, choose Manual and then enter 188.8.131.52 and then 184.108.40.206 into the boxes.
- That’s it. Tap on Save It.
Use your antivirus software to launch NordVPN.
In this case, it might be possible that your Antivurs software is creating a conflict with your NordVPN. In this case, execute it and try again to get connected. Check your security software and make sure you have whitelisted NordVPN.
Hopefully, this article remains helpful for you and you have successfully resolved the issue. If there is any query, share it with us in the comment section down below. Keep an eye out for future updates on the subject.Keep an eye out for future updates on the subject.