How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication on Your Rot Games Account
Riot Games has released the much-anticipated 2-Step Authentication (also known as Multi-factor Authentication) for Riot Accounts. It is one of the best industry practice’s to keep personal information and accounts protected. By enabling this, every time your account gets a login request, you also get a verification code on an authorized device. Only by entering the code do you get access to log into your account.
How does multi-factor authentication work?
This is an electronic security measure, where every time you request to sign in, you will receive a unique six-digital code in your email. It is used to ensure that and to keep account information protected beyond the username and password. Sometimes account credentials get compromised, but without a six-digit unique code, no one can get account login access.
The Importance of Multi-Factor Authentication
Every player puts effort into making their progress and invests countless hours, so by enabling Multi-factor authentication (MFA), accounts get an extra layer of protection. Where it protects payment information and more, while other 3rd party portals don’t have an option like this yet, including Garena.
Not to mention, to enable Multi-factor Authentication requires confirmation via email. Once it’s activated, you can enable MFA for your Riot Account.
How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
As we already mentioned above, you need to have a verified email address in order to enable multi-factor authentication.
- First and foremost, log in to your Riot Account page.
- Head over to the Sign-in & Security tab, and then go to 2-factor authentication.
- If you haven’t verified your email yet, then go to “Your Email is Verified” and it will appear on the top banner. Using your email Check for Riot Mail in your inbox. Click on “Verify email” and continue enabling MFA on your Riot Account.
- Next, click Enable and then Opening your email inbox to check for the Riot MFA email.
- From the email, click on “Enable Two-Factor Authentication.”
- That’s it!
How to Disbale MFA
- Open your Riot Account page, and head over to the Sign-in & Security tab. from
the 2-factor Authentication.
- Click Disable, and to confirm your action, click Disable.
- That’s it!
Note: Currently, Multi-factor Authentication does support Riot Games apps, but it doesn’t support Microsoft Authenticator or Google Authenticator apps. We can expect such functonality in the future.
Hopefully, this account remains helpful for you and you have successfully enabled multi-factor authentication on your Riot account. Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback. If there is any query, please shareit with us in the comment section down below. Keep an eye out for future updates on the subject.
- Netflix may consider adding live streaming to its service, With the American
- Sony revamped PS Plus Extra and Deluxe games and announced the game lineup globally
- Download and Install Goophone Note 9 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Vivo X80 PD2183F Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Oppo A16e CPH2421 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)