How to Create a CON Folder in Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11
You can create any folder name such as “con”, “prn”, “nul”, “com1”, “com2”, “lpt1”, etc. but have you attempted to create a CON folder without success? In Windows, can such folders be created
Whenever you rename a folder in Windows XP, the name automatically changes back to “New Folder”. If you try to rename the file in Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will receive an error message saying “The specified device name is invalid”.
Why is this happening? The above names represent the internal devices of the operating system, and so we cannot create folders with them. Yes, you can still create these folders using some simple methods as described below:
Create Con Name Folder in Window
There are two Method to Cerate any folder name such as “con”, “prn”, “nul”, “com1”, “com2”, “lpt1”, etc. Both method are Easy to create such as folder on your window
- Using Command Prompt
- Using ALT Key and Numeric Keypad
1. Using the Command Prompt:
Using the command prompt, here’s how to create the “con” folder:
- Open the command prompt:
- Type in the command prompt (For ex. to create a folder named “con” in the c: drive)
Note: “C:” change the directory based on your Choice
For example, “Con” it could be “prn”, “nul” “com1” “com2” “lpt1”.
2. Using ALT Key and Numeric Keypad
It is also possible to accomplish the same task using the Alt key and the Numeric keypad. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Make a new folder (Right-click -> New -> Folder)
- Right-click the newly created folder and select “Rename”.
- While holding down the ALT key, type 0160 from the numeric keypad (ALT+0160) and release the ALT key.
- You can now type any name of your choice in the folder name, such as “con”, “prn”, “nul”, etc. and press Enter.
- That’s it…….
- Swachh Bharat hack, 16 Million users data leaked
- Microsoft finally started rolling out the Unified Outlook App for Windows | How to Join & More
- WhatsApp Announced a New feature, “WhatsApp Call Links”
- Google Stadia refunds, Ubisoft will let you transfer your Stadia purchases to PC
- Expert RAW on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and Galaxy Z Fold 2