How to Change Your Password on a Chromebook | A Quick Guide
Chromebooks operate on Google’s Chrome OS, which sets them apart in several ways. One such distinction is that they do not require a password, as they are connected to the user’s Google account. As a result, the password for the Google account serves as the login information for the Chromebook. Consequently, changing the password can present a challenge. The purpose of this guide is to provide instructions on how to change a password on a Chromebook.
Chromebook Password Change Guide
Chromebooks and Google accounts use the same password, as the same password is used for all Google services and devices.
- First, open a new Chrome window to change the password on a Chromebook.
- Then, access your Google Account by selecting your profile photo in the upper-right corner.
- Next, sign in and navigate to the “Sign-in & Security” section. Select “Password” under the “Sign into Google” section, and enter your current password.
- After that, verify the chosen two-factor authentication method.
- It is recommended to set a new password, confirm it, and use a password manager, if available, to generate a strong password.
- Upon selecting “Change Password,” a notification indicates that other devices cannot access the Google account.
- If desired, one may stay signed into the current Chromebook and phone and use the Google prompt for two-factor authentication.
- Choose “OK” to complete the process.
Please note that the newly created password should be used on other devices before it can function as before.
Chromebook Password Reset on Other Devices
To synchronise the updated password on a Chromebook, it is essential that the device is connected to the internet and that the Google account password be modified. The following steps should be taken to accomplish this task:
- On another computer or smartphone, navigate to myaccount.google.com/security. It’s critical that you’re logged in to your Google account.
- After clicking “Sign in to Google,” select “Password.”
- To verify your credentials, enter your current Google account password.
- As previously mentioned, you can change your Google account password by following the steps mentioned in the previous guide.
- Once the username and password are entered, connect the Chromebook to the internet from the lock screen. With the re-entered password, you will now be able to log in.
- POCO X5 Pro 5G Rolling Out Stable MIUI 14 update
- Download Oppo Reno 8T 4K Wallpapers | Oppo Reno 8T Stock Wallpapers |Download FullHD+|
- Download POCO X5 Pro 4K Wallpapers | POCO X5 Pro Stock Wallpapers |Download FullHD+|
- Realme X7 Max 5G Rolling out stable Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update
- How to Download and Install Fortnite on Android Devices