How to Block/Deactivate Google pay, PhonePe, Paytm, If you lost your Smartphone
Payments API (Unified Payments Interface) in India, such as Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe, and others, has become indispensable. Most users have at least one UPI-enabled payment app on their phones. Payments or money transfers can be made via UPI, but if someone is able to access your phone, then they can use it to send money. Is your payment device safe if it is stolen? You can block access to these services if you lose your phone or it gets stolen.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to block Paytm, Google Pay, or Phone Pe if you lose your phone. So you won’t have to worry about money being stolen from your UPI account.
How to temporarily block your Paytm account
- Contact Paytm Payments Bank at 01204456456.
- Choose the option for lost phones.
- Enter your lost phone number by choosing the option for entering a different number.
- Ensure that all devices are logged out.
- Click on the 24×7 Help option on the Paytm site.
- Click on any category under Report a Fraud.
- After clicking on any issue, click on the Message Us button at the bottom.
- To verify account ownership, you will need a debit/credit card statement showing Paytm account transactions, an email confirmation or SMS for Paytm account transactions, proof of ownership of your phone number or a police complaint for a lost or stolen phone.
- After Paytm validates and blocks your account, you will receive a confirmation message.
Blocking Google Pay accounts
- The Google Pay customer service number is 18004190157. Users can choose the language they prefer.
- For other issues, choose the right option.
- The specialist should be able to help you block your Google Play account. Furthermore, Android users can remotely wipe their data so that no one can access their Google accounts from the phone, and hence the Google Pay app.
- Users of iOS can erase their data remotely as well.
Blocking PhonePe accounts
- You will need to contact 08068727374 or 02268727374 if you are using Phone Pe.
- When you select your preferred language, you will be asked if you wish to report a problem with your Phone Pe account. Press the appropriate number.
- You will receive an OTP for confirmation after entering the registered number.
- You now need to select “I haven’t received my OTP” as next step.
- Select the option to report loss of a SIM or device.
- Once you provide some details like your phone number, email ID, last payment, amount of your last transaction, etc., a representative should assist in blocking your Phone Pe account.
Thanks for being with us, We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- How to send Best Quality Photos and Videos on WhatsApp | Enable Best Quality Media
- Download Best GCam 8.1 for Android Device | Google Camera Port UltraCVM_v8.1.apk by UltraM8
- Download Best GCam 8.1.1 for ASUS Zenfone 6/7/8, and ROG 2/3 | Google Camera Port GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3.apk by Wichaya
- How to Create a CON Folder in Windows in Window 7, 8, 10, and 11
- Download Best GCam 8.2.4 for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco | Google Camera Port MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2 by BSG
- Download Best GCam 8.1.101 for Android | Google Camera Port NGCam_8.1.101-v1.3-fix by Nikita
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price
- How to hide sensitive content from the Instagram Explore Feed
- How to Sign-up for DuckDuckGo Email Protection – @Duck.com | Stop getting emails that’ll track you
- How to Download and Update macOS Big Sur 11.5 on Mac