How can I disconnect my Instagram account from my Facebook profile?
Meta owns Facebook and Instagram. Both work pretty well together and offer a seamless experience. Most people have linked their Facebook and Instagram accounts, but if you no longer want to have cross-post content, then you can unlink your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Don’t worry, any account isn’t going to be deleted or have any changes. You are just unable to post from one platform to another, but you can later sync based on your preferences. Today in this article, we will be sharing an in-depth guide to disconnecting Facebook and Instagram for both desktop and mobile devices. Follow the following instructions mentioned down below.
If you have a business Instagram page, you will need to convert the business page to a personal page.
style="text-decoration: underline;">It is quite straightforward to unsync Facebook and Instagram accounts on desktop. For this, checkout the mentioned steps.
- Open Instagram in your browser, and then click on the profile icon placed in the upper-right corner.
- Next, click on the settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, head over to the account Centre settings. which is to appear on the left-bottom under Meta.
- There you have your accounts and profile. From there, select the account which you want to unsync.
- Now, click on Remove from Account Center and then click on Continue to confirm your action.
- That’s it!
It is quite similar to unsyncing your Facebook and Instagram accounts with the mobile application. Check out the steps mentioned down below.
- Open Instagram on your device, and then click on the profile icon placed in the bottom-right corner of the app.
- Next, click on the Settings and then tap on the Account Center.
- Scroll to the bottom, tap on Account Center, and it will open the page for the accounts and profiles.
- From there, choose the profile you want to unsync, and then tap on Remove your account center.
- To confirm your action, tap on “Continue” and that’s it!
After unlinking your Facebook and Instagram accounts, you will no longer be able to cross-post, find fakebook friends who you are connected with on Instagram, and access Instagram stories as well as Facebook stories.
Reduce your Instagram-Facebook interaction.
If you want a certain feature to remain active, then here are some of the options.
- Open Instagram, and head over to your profile to open Settings from the hamburger menu that appears in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Settings, and then tap on Account Center.
- Now, under “Manage Connected Experiences,” choose “Story and post sharing,” and then.
- Logging in with an account: It allows you to have a common login between Instagram and Facebook.
- That’s it!
Disconnect from Instagram Direct Messaging and Facebook Messenger.
So, if you especially want to disconnect your DMS across Facebook and Instagram, then you can follow the following instructions mentioned down below.
- Open Instagram Settings by navigating to the profile and then tapping on the hamburger menu from the upper-right corner.
- Next, tap on Privacy and then tap on Messages.
- At Message Control, you have multiple options to choose from, and to disconnect
- DMS, choose “Facebook Friends or People you’ve chatted with on Messenger” and then on the next menu, tap on “Don’t receive Request.”
- That’s it!
Hopefully, you found this guide useful and were able to successfully unsync Facebook and Instagram. Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback. If there is any query, please share it with us in the comment section down below. Keep an eye out for future updates on the subject.
- Download and Install ZTE Blade A51 Lite Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Motorola Moto G100 XT2215-4 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Teracube 2e 2020 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Realme GT Neo 3T RMX3371 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install bq Mobile bq-5560l Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)