Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) Firmware Build S916BOXM1AWC8_INS | INDIA
Samsung has started rolling out their monthly update to the Galaxy S23 Plus. The April update comes with major improvements in India. The update has already been rolled out in Korea and Europe before the company began rolling it out to India. Samsung is one of the most popular Android devices, powerful, with a best-in-class, feature-rich OneUI 5.1 based on Android 13.
As always, Google is a bit delayed with its own security update for the Galaxy device. Samsung has released the security update to its Galaxy S23 alongside the Galaxy S23 Series, Galaxy Z Fold 4, and Galaxy Z Flip 4. This is the second day in a row as the March 2023 Security update also arrived two weeks later alongside Pixel Feature drop. This is really not what we expected if we purchased the Pixel device.
The update has the April 2023 Security patch, camera improvements, and the firmware build S918BXXU1AWC8, weighing 1GB. The update comes with camera improvements, and apart from these, there are several improvements and optimizations under the hood. According to reports, Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus is doing well with sales as it exceeded the S22 Series sales worldwide. The company has seen 1.5x in Europe, 1.7x in Brazil, 1.4x in India, 1.5x in the Middle East, and 1.7x in Mexico compared to the Galaxy S22 series. The Galaxy S23 Series has already exceeded 1 million units in Korea.
A device with a 200MP camera sensor capable of 10x optical zoom has been improved. There is a new gallery app processing algorithm that has an option to prioritize quality over speed in the camera assistant app. While using the 50MP and 200MP resolution modes, which offer fixed banding issues that appear in the sky in mid-low ambient light, there is an option to prioritize quality over speed.
Apart from this, a bug has been fixed for face recognition not working after ending a video call through third-party apps. The OIS has also been improved. Samsung does not share what changes have been made under the hood, but the improvements that have been made in South Korea have now finally come to global devices, which include:
- The gallery app will now allow you to quickly delete images that have been taken by mistake.
- The device will now capture the image even if it is not in focus or completely out of focus. The change in autofocus algorithm allows you to quickly capture the moment without locking the focus. If users do not want this, they can tweak this setting from the Camera Assistant app by navigating to Camera Assistance > Prioritize. Previously, it was at the mercy of the autofocusing system locking before taking a picture, but now it is faster to capture an image with negligible shutter-lag.
- Smooth and stable video recording even with an ultrawide camera in low-light situations gives you more sharpness and reduces flicker with the Super Steady Mode. The company has also added a new notice for the Super Steady Mode stating that it needs good ambient light for better image quality.
- Improved video stabilization in FHD @60fps and Auto FPS disabled with the rear-facing camera. OIS has also been enhanced for better stability.
- Improved a banding issue for image capturing at high-quality photo with 50MP or 200MP mode, which means less blurry images or banding issues.
- Resolved the quality issues with capturing images with Night Mode turned off. If you want to tweak settings for this, head over to Shooting Speed and from there set the Speed Priority based on your preference (set to high resolutions).
- Improved stability of the camera app when the frame has a moving subject, so it can deliver clearer and sharper photos or videos of moving subjects without shutter or lag.
A bug has been fixed. Some users have reported encountering a green line on the left side while using the rear-facing camera in photo mode. Also, the camera issue with face recognition not working after ending a video call using a third-party app has been resolved. These are the camera improvements that come with the previous firmware of the South Korean Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus, which is now starting to roll out to India.
April Security Patch
This update also includes the April 2023 Security patch, which fixes major security flaws with the Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus. To ensure Samsung’s latest flagship smartphone is kept safe from malicious attacks, last week Samsung released an April 2023 Security patch. They fixed (CVEs) from Google, with 55 security flaws discovered in Android devices and 46 vulnerabilities termed as high priority, 4 critical vulnerabilities, and 1 moderate security flaw fixed. The other 4 were not fixed by Google as they do not apply or pose a threat to Samsung devices.
Last month, Samsung released the March 2023 patch, which fixed the affected security Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE. However, there are still many devices left with the issue, which is now resolved with the April 2023 Patch update.
Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus S911BXXU1AWC8 Firmware | April 2023 Firmware Update
If you prefer a manual update, you can download the official Samsung Firmware from the button below to upgrade your device using a Windows PC.
Note: We strongly recommend waiting for the OTA (Over-the-Air) update to upgrade to the latest version. Only use manual flashing if you are confident about the risks involved. The AndroidGreek Team will not be responsible for any damage caused by using this file.
LATEST FIRMWARE | Android 13 | S916BXXU1AWC8
GALAXY S23 PLUS (SM-S916B)
To use the OTA update, you will receive a notification. If you missed this notification, you could check for the update by going to Device Settings > Software Update. You will likely find a Download and Install button if your device has received the update.
The device will receive more improvements over the update in the coming months. The device will receive monthly security updates for at least three years, and after that, there will be bi-monthly continuing updates for the next 5 years.
How to Flash your Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
So let’s begin, starting with downloading the latest Odin:
- First, you need to enable USB Debugging. After that, download Odin. | Read Detailed Guide here.
- Download the S23 Stock Firmware.
- Now move Odin and the Firmware into the same folder on your PC.
- After that, extract both files in the same folder.
- Next, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable, press Volume Up, and then use the Volume Down + Power button to boot your device into Download Mode.
- Use the Volume Up button to continue, and your Odin will now show an IDCOM ID with blue, indicating that your device is connected.
- Now add the firmware by browsing the firmware files into the designated slot, like AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, and HOME_CSC in CSC.
- Don’t tick any other option in the options; the only option you need to beat is F. Rest time and Auto-Reboot in the opportunity.
- Click on Start, and it will begin flashing.
- That’s it!
It takes some time to load. After it finishes, click “Start,” and it will begin flashing. Your device will now start installing the firmware. Finally, on your ODIN, you will see a confirmation which means you have successfully installed the latest firmware on your device.
Reported Issue – Battery Drain
Some users have reported that after the April 2023 update to their Galaxy S23 Plus, they have seen a battery drop from 5hrs 21 Min to 3hrs 49 Minutes on 50% charge. Meanwhile, some users have suggested a drain increase from 2% to 3% to 5% to 6%. However, this issue has not been reported by the majority of devices and is only limited to certain regions. There are no similar complaints from India or European countries. We would like to suggest that users use a genuine charging adapter and cable, check for background apps that are responsible for consuming unnecessary battery, and clear the cache partition of their device.
Also, users have to wait for some days after the update as it is a major firmware update. It takes some time before settling down and optimizing the operating system and pre-installed apps.
Update your phone Using mobile data to download may result in additional charges. Using Wi-Fi is recommended. Changelog Stability and reliability: Device behavior has been improved. Security: The device is now protected with improved security. A software update can include, but is not limited to: Device stability improvements and bug fixes. New and/or enhanced features. Further improvements to performance. To get the best from your device, please keep your device up to date and regularly check for software updates. Learn more at: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-S911B/INS/doc.html App update information: The following apps may be updated to the latest version after the software update: AR Zone, Samsung Notes Add-ons, Clock, Galaxy Wearable, Samsung Global Goals, Samsung Kids, Samsung Free, Samsung Notes, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, Smart Things, Samsung Members, Samsung Wallet, Samsung TV Plus, Calculator, Smart Switch, and Voice Recorder Software update information: Version: S911BXXUIAWCS/S91IBOXMIAWC8/S911BXXUIAWC8 Size: 875.65 MB Security patch level: April 1, 2023
You can check for updates by navigating to the device settings and heading over to Software update. If an update is available, download and install it to the latest version. If your device hasn’t received the update yet, be patient since the update is being pushed gradually and is also expected to be available in other countries in the coming weeks.
- Red Dead Redemption 3 Release Date and Exciting New Features Revealed!by Akhil Sharma
- Download Tiny11 based on Windows 11 23H2.by Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Google Camera for Sharp AQUOS R8s and R8s Pro | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Google Camera for Honor 90 | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam
- Download Google Camera for itel S23 Plus | GCam APK Portby Sandeep Gautam