Fix Error Code 0x800f080d on Windows 11 – Downloads or failed to install failed can’t Update
Windows 11 offers one of the most polished window experiences. However, since every computer has different configurations, Windows does encounter errors and glitches from time-to-time. Nevertheless, some users have reported that Windows 11 Error Code 0x800f080d displays. Installing Windows Updates is likely to cause this issue. The purpose of this article with a troubleshooting guide is to share how to fix Windows 11 Error Code 0x800f080d. Depending on your analysis, you may want to consider the following step by step.
How to Fix Error Code 0x800f080d Windows 11 – Downloads or failed to install failed can’t Update
It is possible that there are multiple causes behind this error; first, you should discover the cause and, subsequently, attempt to correct it. Let’s check itout now.
Clean-boot your computer
Many users report that Windows Error Code 0x800f080d can be fixed with a clean boot. You should be aware that by performing this, you will disable all start-up apps and services. This is the guide to follow.
- Open Run Dialogue Box.
- Shortcut key: Windows + R.
- Enter MSConfig and hit enter to launch System Configuration
- Then, Check the Checkbox for “Hide all Microsoft Services.”
- Click on Disable all appear on the bottom-right corner of the display.
- After this, Click on Startup Tab and Select Task Manager.
- Look for the program consuming an unnecessary resource, Right-Click on it, and click Disable.
- After this, Revert to System Configuration and then Click on Apply.
- Click Ok and Restart your Computer.
After following the above-mentioned guide, a successful resolution of Error Code 0x800f080d may be achieved. If such a resolution is achieved, then you may need to find the Service Program to remove or fix.
Delete the Unwanted/Problematic application.
You should remove the application or service following the third-party trigger of the error. You may also want to check for an application removal tool that can scan and detect the detected file if you can’t fix it on your own. Such dedicated tools are preferred because they can automatically remove such services and applications from your computer.
Log in to your account by creating a new one
Your corrupted user account can also be repaired if you recently created a new administrator account. To prevent the error code 0x800f080d from occurring again in the future, it is recommended that you create a new account rather than try to repair the existing one. So take a backup and produce a new account.
- Open the Windows Settings menu
- Press Windows + I to access the shortcut
- Choose Family & Other People under the account tab.
- On the right-hand side of the window, select “+,” then select Add Another User.
- Click on “Add user without a Microsoft account” if you don’t have the sign-in information for this person.
- Enter the person’s username, followed by information about the new account.
- After clicking Next, click Finish.
- In order to switch the Administrator account, follow these instructions.
- Click on Accounts after relaunching Settings.
- Choose Family & Other People from the drop-down list.
- Choose “Change Account Type” from the New User account menu.
- From the drop-down list, select Administration.
- Accept the change.
Verify that the error has not recurred or has been resolved. Ensure to Your files and programs moved to your new administrator account.
Delete Windows Updates
You were probably notified of this during the updated installation process. The Reset Windows Update problem can be fixed by resetting the Windows Update. Here is how to do it.
- Run the Windows dialogue box
- Using Windows + R as a shortcut
- Press enter after entering CMD
- The CMD (Command Prompt) can also be opened from the start menu
- After that, run the commands mentioned below..
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- You must resolve your issue once the script has been executed successfully. The alternative account below can be used if the above-mentioned command doesn’t work.
- REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
- REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
- REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
- REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
- REGSVR32 WUCLTUX.DLL /S
- REGSVR32 WUWEBV.DLL /S
- REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL /S
- Check to see if the error has been resolved by pressing Enter and restarting the computer.
Run a System Restore
You can use the system restore point if the above-mentioned does not work as expected. Please find the necessary information here.
- Launch System Restore
- To quickly access the System Restore, you can use the Search Bar.
- Create a restore point by clicking “Create a Restore Point.”
- Then click on System Restore under “System Properties”
- Choose “Show more restore points” and then click Next.
- Then, select the appropriate revert point (date).
- Follow the instructions on the screen after clicking on next.
- There you have it!
We hope that this guide has helped you fix the error, and that it remains helpful for you for the time being. The next time the error occurs, try disabling your Third-Party Antivirus, Firewall, or Windows Update in case you still encounter the issue. In case of further queries, feel free to share them down below in the comment form. Watch this space for future updates.
- How to send Best Quality Photos and Videos on WhatsApp | Enable Best Quality Media
- Download Best GCam 8.1 for Android Device | Google Camera Port UltraCVM_v8.1.apk by UltraM8
- Download Best GCam 8.1.1 for ASUS Zenfone 6/7/8, and ROG 2/3 | Google Camera Port GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3.apk by Wichaya
- How to Create a CON Folder in Windows in Window 7, 8, 10, and 11
- Download Best GCam 8.2.4 for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco | Google Camera Port MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2 by BSG
- Download Best GCam 8.1.101 for Android | Google Camera Port NGCam_8.1.101-v1.3-fix by Nikita
- OPPO A93s 5G Launched in China with Dimensity 700, 48MP Triple-cam setup & 5,000mAh battery
- Poco F3 GT has been unveiled, the biggest competitor to OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- How to Disable/Enable the Startup Sound on Windows 11
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price