Fix Error Code 0x8004FC12 on Windows 11 – Activation Error ‘activation failed,’ or ‘couldn’t activate Windows’
There are a lot of users reported their Windows 11 showing Error Code 0x8004FC12. It is quite usual that users have encounter activation errors, Thankfully the troubleshooting guide is flawless. The reason for this depends upon various factors including ‘Windows Server is busy,’ ‘System is not connected to the internet, or ‘pending update restricted activation.’
Fix Error Code 0x8004FC12 on Windows 11
Depending upon your issue, you can follow the troubleshooting guide to resolve your query.
Check Windows Activation Server Status
It is not usual for the Microsoft server to go down but due to an outage, it might be possible. Check the Windows Activation Server, If you found the server down then wait for the server to go online.
Additionally, Windows Activation Server is not available error appear with the Code 0x8007267C, 0xD0000272, 0xc004C012, 0xC004C013, 0xC004C014. If you find the server is running then you might have restricted access to check your Antivirus or Firewall and clear the restrictions. Disable your Antivirus or Firewall temporarily and check if you are still encountering the error.
Use Windows Activation Troubleshooter
To check the error you can use the inbuilt tool, Windows Activation Troubleshooter. Most likely, it occurs if you have to make changes with your motherboard, SSD or HDD.
- Open Windows Settings
- Head over to Update & Security
- From there, go to Activation from the left-panel
- On the right-panel at the bottom, you have Troubleshoot option
- Once it opens, click Next to initiate and wait for it to finish.
After finishing the change it shows the log for error, like ‘You have a digital license for Windows, but it hasn’t activated,’ or ‘You recently made a significant hardware change,’ ‘You have a digital license for Windows 11 Pro, but Windows 11 Home is Installed,’ or ‘You have a digital license for Windows 11 Home, but Windows 11 Pro is installed.’ Do a quick analysis and take the necessary action accordingly to fix it, If you still having the same problem then proceed to the next troubleshooting.
Clear Pending updates
If you have any left updates in paste, then flush the using the FSUTIL command, here’s how to perform it.
- Open the Windows Run Dialog box (Use Shortcut key: Windows + R)
- Then, type CMD and press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter to run CMD as administrator.
- After this, Execute the following command mentioned down below.
net localgroup Administrators local service /add
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- That’s it now, you can now reboot your system.
We believe that this guide remains helpful to you and have successfully rectified the Error code 0x8004fc12. Share your query with us in the comment section down below, Stay tuned for further updates In the future on the same.
- How to Add or Remove Widgets in Windows 11
- OPPO A93s 5G Launched in China with Dimensity 700, 48MP Triple-cam setup & 5,000mAh battery
- Poco F3 GT has been unveiled, the biggest competitor to OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- How to Disable/Enable the Startup Sound on Windows 11
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price
- Micromax launched IN 2b under Rs 10,000 with UniSoc SoC in India
- Oneplus 10 pro may introduce Under Display camera Concept- Check Key Specification
- Realme 8s expected to launch soon in india with 6GB and 8GB configuration
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Spotted on TENNA reveals 12GB + 256GB Configuration, Launch Imminent
- ZTE Axon 30 will launch soon globally in September