Fix Discord High CPU Usage – How to resolve lower CPU usage on discord
Discord is one of the most popular gaming-centric voice-chat platforms, but some users recently reported they were facing High CPU usages with Discord. To fix this, you simply need to tweak Discord Settings. However, it’s not a usual case for such incidence so today we have some potential troubleshooting to fix Discord High CPU Usage.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware acceleration utilizes the graphics card to enhance performance, which throttles CPU usage.
- Open Discord and then head over to user settings
- From there select appearance and then click on Hardware acceleration that appears on the bottom.
- Click on to save changes
Tweak Computer Uses Cores
- Open the Windows Run Dialog Box (Shortcut Key: Windows + R)
- Enter msconfig and then click on the Boot tab
- Click on Advanced Options and uncheck the checkbox for ‘Number of Processors’
- Click on save changes
Discord regularly updates its platform and fixes the issue, but sometimes it causes an error with the package so uninstall the current Discord. Once you uninstall, simply install the latest version of Discord on your device.
Update your system driver
Sometimes due to an outdated driver, it causes several issues, so it is better to update the driver to the latest version. You can download it from the manufacturer’s website or you can use an automatic driver updater, where it will scan to detect and upgrade the driver to the latest version.
Tweak Graphics Preference
- Click on Start and then click on system
- Then click on Graphics Settings and then select a Desktop app
- After that, click on Browse and then search for Discord
- Now choose options/graphics set to high performance
- That’s it!
We believe this article remains helpful for you and have successfully been able to rectify Discord High CPU usage. If there is any query, share with us the comment sections down below.
- How to Add or Remove Widgets in Windows 11
- OPPO A93s 5G Launched in China with Dimensity 700, 48MP Triple-cam setup & 5,000mAh battery
- Poco F3 GT has been unveiled, the biggest competitor to OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- How to Disable/Enable the Startup Sound on Windows 11
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price
- Micromax launched IN 2b under Rs 10,000 with UniSoc SoC in India
- Oneplus 10 pro may introduce Under Display camera Concept- Check Key Specification
- Realme 8s expected to launch soon in india with 6GB and 8GB configuration
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Spotted on TENNA reveals 12GB + 256GB Configuration, Launch Imminent
- ZTE Axon 30 will launch soon globally in September