Fix Apex Legends Error Code 23 – How to fix apex legends launch error?
Apex Legends well-known multiplayer game where some players report Apex Legends Error Code 23, due to which they are unable to launch the game client. Error Code 23 prompts a message “Game Client encountered an application error.” We have usually seen such errors with Origin in the past showing the same error code 23.
The problem is unusable, but the report suggested it occurs mostly with Windows 10 players. There are some potential reasons why this error, we need to share some troubleshooting methods to quickly fix these errors. Some of which are directly related to GPU Drivers, third-party program conflicts, missing or temporary files. Let’s begin with the following troubleshooting mentioned down below.
How to Fix Apex Legends Error Code 23
We rarely see this error on Apex Legends, instead, we have to deal with a system to rectify errors and bugs. So without further ado let’s get started.
Origin Error Code 23 – Fix
If you have set different countries on your Origin and EA account, then it triggers Error Code 23. To sync the countries, use the same countries on your both account. With different countries preferences, Apex Legends is unable to complete the matchmaking so it promotes the error.
Clear Temporary Files
The system stores some temporary files to load the game faster, it consists of some important elements but sometimes due to unexpected failure like network or power outage files got corrupted or detected due to missing files game become unstable. This indirectly leads players to launch the game. Here is how you can fix this issue.
- Open the Windows Run Dialog box (Shortcut key: Windows + R)
- Type %temp% and hit ok
- After that, Deleted all the files (Press Ctrl + A, and Press Deleted.)
- That’s it, Restart your PC.
The integrity of your Game Files
Sometimes due to unexpected outages, your game files get damaged or either corrupted, the good news is that it is quite easy to fix using a client’s in-build integrity checker.
- Open Origin and open the Game Library
- Then right-click on Apex Legends and from the menu choose Repair Game
- I’ll start checking the file and wait for it to finish.
- After completion, check if the error code 23 is fixed.
- Open Steam and open the Game Library
- Right-click on Apex Legends and then click on properties.
- From there, go to the Local Files tab and choose ‘verify integrity of the game files.’
- We will start scanning and rectifying missing or corrupt files and wait for the finish.
- That’s it!
Repair Visual C++ 2015/2017
If you don’t know before this, Origin uses the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015/2017 Redistribution package. It is quite easy to repair the Visual C++ package directly from the Control Panel.
- Open Windows Control Panel
- Click on Programs and go to Programs and Features
- Look for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015/2017 Redistribution
- Once you find it, Select it and click on Change/Repair
- After this follow on-screen instructions and tweak the settings accordingly
- Once you finish, Reboot your system
- That’s it!
Update your GPU Driver
Apex recently received a major update, so with the game update the usual GPU driver is also expected to receive an update. Check if your GPU driver is updated or not, if you find your GPU Driver outdated then download and install the latest version.
Check out the following GPU Manufacture
Go to your GPU manufacturer support page, where you will find your GPU’s latest driver. Simply download and install GPU Driver for the latest version.
Close Apex Legend
Try to force close your Apex Legends Service from your Taskbar after force closing Apex Legend and re-launching the game.
- Open the Task Manager and click on the Process tab
- Look for Apex Legends and then right-click on it which opens a drop-down menu
- Click End Task and after that go to the Details Tab
- Check if Apex Legends appears, end those services as well
- That’s it!
Reinstall Apex Legend
If you are still having the same issue then you need to re-install the game. Simply uninstall the game from the Origin or Steam client depending on where your game is installed. Ensure that you completely remove all the Apex Legends Elements.
After uninstalling, reboot your computer and re-install the Apex Legends. In case you still encounter this error, try to get in touch with Apex Legends Developer through their Social Profile. Also, we can expect the patch update to roll out to fix this issue.
Thanks for being with us, if you have any query share them with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- Micromax launched IN 2b under Rs 10,000 with UniSoc SoC in India
- Oneplus 10 pro may introduce Under Display camera Concept- Check Key Specification
- Realme 8s expected to launch soon in india with 6GB and 8GB configuration
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Spotted on TENNA reveals 12GB + 256GB Configuration, Launch Imminent
- ZTE Axon 30 will launch soon globally in September
- Micromax In 2b officially Launched in India with UNISOC T610 chipset
- What are the key Specs for All-new Realme GT Flash?
- What are the Expected Specifications for Upcoming Realme Laptops
- What are the Expected key Specs for the Upcoming Realme Pad?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 Expected Price in European Market
- Tecno Pop 5 launched with Android 10 Go, 6.1-Inch HD+ IPS LCD, and SC7731E