How to Fix the MS Excel Error Retrieving Data ‘Wait for a Few Seconds and Try to Cut or Copy Again’
Microsoft Office is one of the most widely used office productivity tools on a global scale, and Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application. Recently, users have reported encountering the error “Unfortunately, this programme encountered an erroneous condition.”
In this article, we’ll discuss how to troubleshoot and resolve the following error. Without further ado, let us examine this.
FIX: Retrieving data, wait a few seconds MS Excel error
If you’re using the Microsoft Office online edition, you’re almost certain to run into copy/paste issues. You can resolve this error by following the steps below.
- Open the Excel spreadsheet in Microsoft Office by downloading it.
- Open the spreadsheet file with which you wish to work.
- Following that, right-click the file and select Save as (Download As).
- Click “Download a Copy” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, using Microsoft Excel, open the file (Desktop Version).
- From there, you can resume cutting or copying.
If you do not own the Microsoft Office Desktop version, you can download and use the Microsoft Excel Android app.
- To begin, open the Google Play Store.
- Then, in the search box, type “Excel” and click on the app page.
- Click on “download” and then “open” to launch the application.
- Following that, open the Excel file on your Android device from this location.
- That is all.
Reselect the Excel Data
Occasionally, due to the deselection of a system malfunction, your Excel data may not be properly selected. Here is a guide to resolving this.
- Deselect the Excel row and column first, and then wait a moment for everything to load properly.
- After that, select the data that you wish to copy/paste.
- Following that, paste the data wherever you want.
- That is all.
If it fails, repeat the attempt because the task may require more than one attempt to complete. Nonetheless, Excel file sync ensures that the selected elements are always pasted correctly.
Try with different browsers
Excel may not be functioning properly with your current version; therefore, try using a different web browser.
Meanwhile, Microsoft Excel is a widely used industry-standard spreadsheet programme, which means that if the error originates in the back-end, a patch will be available shortly.
- Download Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22478.1000 ISO | Upgrade Windows 11 Insider Preview OS Dev Build
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G | Root Your Device
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Blackview BV6300 Pro | Root Your Device
- Download and Install Wigor V4 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Realme C25Y RMX3265 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Reeder P13 Blue Plus Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Android 12 ArrowOS 12.0 for ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 (X00TD)
- Download and Install Motorola XT2071-4-SS Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Blackview Oscal C20 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install BQ Mobile BQ-1020L Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)
- Download and Install Teclast N9H9 Flash File Firmware (Stock ROM, Flash File)