How to Change default Program Files installation directory location in Window 10
The Program Files folder is normally located in your C:/ drive where the operating system is generally installed if you have Windows 10 or any other version of Windows operating systems. Installing programs requires good correspondence between the operating system and the programs. Today we are a Guide to “How to Change Default Program Files installation directory location in Window 10.”
However, we will first have to be aware of the consequences of changing the Program Files folder location. It’s not convenient to move the program files folder, if you do you may experience a problem with the operating system down the road.
How can I change the Program Files directory on Windows 10?
- First, open the Run by pressing press the Windows and R keys While on your Desktop
- Now, Type regedit and hit Enter.
- A Registry Editor window should now appear in front of you.
- You need to enter the following key:
- Note: for 64-bit systems, it will be in the ProgramFilesDir (x86) folder.
- You will be able to change the path by entering a new one in the Value data section of the window after you double click on it.
- If you’re done selecting a path, click the OK button to close the Registry Editor window.
- If the changes didn’t work after you closed the window, try rebooting your computer and trying them again.
You know now how to change the path to the Program Files folder and can see that it didn’t take up a lot of your time. It is always important to remember that altering the path of your program files folder may cause malfunctions.
Note: It is not supported by Microsoft for you to change the ProgramFilesDir registry value. If you change the ProgramFilesDir registry value, you may encounter difficulties with some Microsoft programs or some software updates.
Thanks for being with us. We would like to know your valuable opinion and feedback if there is any query share with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned for further updates in the future on the same.
- How to send Best Quality Photos and Videos on WhatsApp | Enable Best Quality Media
- Download Best GCam 8.1 for Android Device | Google Camera Port UltraCVM_v8.1.apk by UltraM8
- Download Best GCam 8.1.1 for ASUS Zenfone 6/7/8, and ROG 2/3 | Google Camera Port GCam_8.1.101_Wichaya_V1.3.apk by Wichaya
- How to Create a CON Folder in Windows in Window 7, 8, 10, and 11
- Download Best GCam 8.2.4 for Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco | Google Camera Port MGC_8.2.400_A10_V-alpha2 by BSG
- Download Best GCam 8.1.101 for Android | Google Camera Port NGCam_8.1.101-v1.3-fix by Nikita
- OPPO A93s 5G Launched in China with Dimensity 700, 48MP Triple-cam setup & 5,000mAh battery
- Poco F3 GT has been unveiled, the biggest competitor to OnePlus Nord 2 5G
- How to Disable/Enable the Startup Sound on Windows 11
- Nova Launcher 7 APK – The Public Beta Goes Live on Google Play | How to Install and Feature guide
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G Lauched with Dimensity 1200-AI, 50MP Triple-camera Full Specification and Price