Moreover, users who want to make a few changes can do so, and the most exciting part is that they can create their own icons for the app. However, with the same availability, some users are getting confused with these custom icons. Therefore, we are sharing with you a complete guide on how to set custom icons.
Android is the only device platform that allows users to customise their devices. Modifying device icons is one of the most popular customisations that users like to opt for. However, with the plethora of customisation options available on Android, some various apps and methods facilitate this process.
How to Set Custom Icons for Your Android Apps
Custom icons refer to setting up icons that extend beyond the default Android settings. They offer several customisation options, such as using any desired image, changing the icon design, and many more. However, it is very easy to set custom icons with the help of various applications available on the Google Play Store.
However, to create a customised icon, you will need to prepare the custom icon you want to use to replace the app’s default icon. To help with this task, we have provided a few exact steps below. So, without further delay, let’s dive into the steps.
Steps to Create Your Own Custom App Icon:
Note: Here, we are using images (cropped into a square shape) as an example of customised icons. This means you can also use pre-designed icons. The procedure for both is the same and simple.
Firstly, visit a website that allows you to upload your desired image. Next, allow the programme to remove the background of the image. Then, tap “download” to save the image to your device. That’s it; you have created your custom app icon.
Setting the Personalised Icon:
There are various launchers available to set custom icons for your Android apps. To have a smooth user experience, we will use Nova Launcher, which allows you to add custom icons to your Android apps. So, without further discussion, let’s move on to the steps below.
- Firstly, download the Nova Launcher from the given link. Next, launch the downloaded launcher.
- You will then be redirected to the setup page.
- Now, look for the Android app for which you want to set a custom icon.
- Next, tap on that app and choose “edit” from the pop-up menu.
- Next, click on the app icon on the “Edit shortcut” page. Choose the “Gallery” app and tap on the Gallery icon.
- Afterwards, tap on the image you previously edited for the custom icon.
- Finally, tap “Done” to apply the changes. And that’s it. You will see your personalised icon.
Therefore, these are the steps you need to take to create your own designed icon for your Android app. If any user has questions about the given steps, they are free to ask them in the comments section below.
- How to Capture Astrophotography and Astro Hyperlapse on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra?
- How to Check Your GPU Temperature on Windows 11
- How can I update all Samsung Good Lock modules at once?
- Microsoft PowerToys has been updated with a Taskbar Quick Access flyout
- Download the Ghostwriter add-in for Microsoft Word, powered by OpenAI’s ChatGPT.