Everyone loves discovering new things on the web, but all the fun gets ruined when an advertisement pops up. You won’t believe that around 60% of internet users don’t like ads while browsing. Ads are one of the main sources of revenue for websites, but they should be used responsibly. Here I’m talking about ads that repeatedly appear in a single second.
Because ads are a major concern for every internet user, they also look for ways to block them. Although most browsers come with built-in adblockers, sometimes they need to keep up. For such users, we will find another way so that they can browse the web without any stress. Below, we will guide you on how to block ads using Private DNS in 2023. So, let’s discuss it.
How To Block Ads On Android Using Private DNS on March 25, 2021
Before blocking ads using private DNS, first understand what DNS is. As a domain name system, DNS is an internet protocol that associates data with the domain name assigned to each of the entities associated with it. DNS servers convert domain names into IP addresses, determining which server end users will reach with a domain name search.
Meanwhile, after understanding the role of DNS in browsing, private DNS is the most effective way to get away from ads. But now the question is which DNS to use? On the web, you can find many private DNS services such as Adaway, Blokada, Cloudflare and many more. However, we recommend using Adguard. The reason for only choosing Adguard is that it protects you from every ad, and there is no need to install any apps or root your device.
These are the AdGuard traits that made me less inclined to AdBlock DNS. This is because AdBlock DNS are available, but the other ones have different features than AdGuard. You are with the artist, with me. So, without further ado, let’s get started and learn to block ads using AdGuard DNS.
Note: The Private DNS feature is available on Android 9 or above, so make sure you have it.
- Go to your phone’s settings app.
- Select the network and connectivity option.
- Now tap on the Private DNS section there.
- Then select configure Private DNS.
- In the hostname field, type “dns.adguard.com” and save it.
- That’s it. You will see only genuine ads while browsing.
Besides that, the ad blocker we liked the most was AdLock. Because it has the option to block ads on specific websites, it’s very cool. You can download the app from the website and the Google Play Store. Here you just tap on the enable option, and from that point, it starts filtering ads. Similarly, you can do the same thing with Blokada, AdAway and other similar ad-blocking apps. But if you don’t want to install any apps and don’t have root access, then consider the AdGuard blocker.
In conclusion, we have covered all relevant aspects of Adblock using private DNS. However, the majority of users are concerned about root access procedures. The ad-blocking service we mention is completely root-free, and you won’t have to deal with any hassle like that. In conclusion, we have explained all the things. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them below.
class="wp-block-heading">Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. It depends on user ratings; Adguard is on the list of best private DNS.
Ans. Private DNS is a security measure for every Android.
Ans. It is a public DNS operated by Cloudflare.
Ans. No, it does not affect browsing speed.
- Download Windows 11 Build 22635.2841 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 22635.2841 (ni_prerelease) ISO Downloadby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Windows 11 Build 23595 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 23595.1001 (ni_prerelease) ISO Downloadby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Windows 11 Build 26002 Release Preview AMD64 ISO: Complete Installation Guide, Windows 11 10.0.26002.1010 (rs_prerelease) ISO Downloadby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B) One UI 6 S918BXXS3BWK5 | Firmware Build for Indiaby Romeshwar Prasad
- Download Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus (SM-S916B) One UI 6 S911BXXS3BWK5 | Firmware Build for Indiaby Romeshwar Prasad