How to update the Asus BIOS of the motherboard in Windows
Flashing the latest BIOS version to your Asus Motherboard can sometimes help to repair a bricked motherboard. This guide can be helpful for both Asus, MSI, and ASRock motherboards to flash the BIOS. Do ensure to check your motherboard has EZ Flash 3 built-in and it will appear in the UEFI BIOS Utility. Before you begin, you should be aware that updating BIOS is not required if you use regular Windows Update.
How to Update the Asus Motherboard BIOS and Drivers
Updating your system Your computer’s BIOS depends upon your computer’s manufacturer, for which there are two different ways.
- EZ update tool in Asus AI Suit 3
- Asus EZ Flash to flash BIOS using USB Drive
- Keep a complete backup of BIOS.
- During the update process, avoid using your keyboard, mouse, or unplugging the device.
- Your motherboard model may have a slightly different user interface.
How to Update My Asus BIOS
Updating your motherboard BIOS with the help of Asus AI Suit 3, here’s how.
- Open the Asus Download Centre, and from the search box.
- Enter the Motherboard Model Number.
- Once you find your motherboard model number, choose it from the drop-down options.
- Select Driver & Utility, and then Driver & Tools.
- Next, select the OS for which you want to download the update.(Note: you need to pick the correct 32-bit or 64-bit version, which you can find from the Control Panel.)
- Select ASUS AI Suite 3 from the Software and Utility section.
- Download it, then select the BIOS & Firmware option.
- Next, click the Download button and navigate to the ASUS AI Suite 3 Zip file.
- Extract the file (Use WinRar), and then double-click on AsusSetup.exe to start the installation.
- Finish the installation, and your computer will reboot.
- Next, extract the ZIP file from the BIOS Folder.
- Launch the Asus AI Suite 3 and click on the Menu icon (triple-horizontal line).
- Select EZ Update, and then click on Ellipses under Manually Update boot logo or BIOS.
- Browse to the BIOS file you extracted earlier and select it.
- Click the Update button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Click OK to confirm your action after selecting Flash.
- That’s it; your computer needs to be restarted.
Asus BIOS updates automatically
When a window update is available for your computer, do the update and it will automatically update your BIOS. You should only perform a manual BIOS update if you are experiencing a hardware issue or problem with your Windows device.
- Flash the ASUS Motherboard BIOS using USB.
- Download the ASUS Motherboard BIOS update.
- Extract the BIOS file, and then move the file to a USB flash drive.
- Reboot your PC to the BIOS utility and then open the Advanced Mode. (In most PCs, the hotkey is F7.
- Next, enter the advanced mode, and then choose advanced.
- Choose the ASUS EZ Flash Utility, and then choose the USB Flash.
- Click on BIOS File, and then click on Yes to confirm your action, which will update your BIOS. Click Yes to verify.
- It takes some time to process and complete the BIOS update process. Once it is finished, your PC will auto-reboot.
- That’s it.
How to use EZ Flash to update BIOS in Legacy Mode
Similarly, update your BIOS. You can navigate using Arrow Keys and Enter button to select the option.
- Open the BIOS utility by restarting your device, and then choose the Advanced option from the navigation.
- Select the ASUS EZ Flash Utility, and then enter.
- Next, choose the USB flash drive and then BIOS File.
- Once you select, select “yes” to confirm your action.
- Press Enter and it will take some time to process the BIOS Update.
- Your computer will auto-reboot once it has been successfully updated.
- That’s it!
Hopefully, this guide remains helpful and has successfully updated the Asus BIOS. We are open to feedback. If there is any query, please share it with us in the comment section down below. Stay tuned for future updates on the subject.
- Realme X7 Max 5G Rolling out stable Realme UI 4.0 Android 13 Update
- How to Download and Install Fortnite on Android Devices
- How to use Microsoft Phone Link to sync your Android phone with Windows PCs
- The Best Upcoming Smartphone in February for Every Budget
- Download Samsung Pass from the Microsoft Store, available for Windows 10 and 11.