Hard disk is the Soul component of every PC as it helps in delivering more smooth experience whether
you are playing or doing any task. But, A lot of new user take their Hard disk lightly and majority of time
they makes harm to their drive. As a result, Your whole PC will degrade its performance and might be
user-experience will disturb. 6 Ways to Check Hard Disk Health in Windows
Moreover, There is a very straight path to check your Hard disk is healthy for your system or not. But, To
make the beginners more ease with PC. We have initiated some research and found some ways to check
your Hard disk health. Meanwhile, here we will share you about 6 Ways to Check Hard Disk Health in
What is Hard disk and Ways to Check its Health
Harddisk is the major component of any windows PC and requires a healthy environment to run.
Unfortunately, there are various new windows user who do not aware that if they do not cater any
support to hard disk. Then, they might face some Issue in system performance. As a result, below we
have mentioned six ways to check your hard disk health.
Check Using BIOS Interface
BIOS Interface lets you to check your Hard disk complete health configuration. However, we know that
most of you don’t know where to access BIOS. For that purpose, we have listed some steps to opt given
below as –
- Firstly, Restart Your PC.
- Next, Press Delete, F2, F12 or any button requiring on screen.
- As a result, You will enter into BIOS.
- Now, Head to the Settings and found Self test option.
- That’s it, You will get your Hard disk health shortly.
Use HDD Manufacturer’s Tools
There are various Hard disk made up of free robust tools to check your Hard disk health. However, you
need to access those tools to meet your drive health. For that purpose, below are some steps as follows.
- Simply, Press Win key and Type “device manager”.
- Next, Unstack the Disk Drive option and see your Model number.
- Then, Search that model number on Google.
- Now, Navigate to its Manufacture Support Page.
- Next, Check for Self Diagnosis Steps and follow them.
- That’s it, You will shortly meet to your hard disk health.
Use Optimize and Defrag
This one also a optimum way to check your Hard disk health and capabilities to cope up with better
performance. In which use defrag to see your Hard disk status. If you don’t know then checkout the
- Navigate to your system search bar.
- Then, Search for disk defrag.
- Next, Select Defragment and optimize drives.
- Now, Select your drive and click optimize.
- Afterwards, A processing will start and scanning.
- That’s it, You will get your Hard drive status shortly.
Check via Windows CHKDSK Tool
The CHKDSK tool is a built-in Windows tool that will scan your disk to find system errors. Additionally, it
facilitates you to check your hard disk health easily. But, we know you do not have any idea of that. For
that purpose, below are some steps as –
- Firstly, Head to your System Search bar.
- Search for CMD and run as administrator.
- Now, Type chkdsk and press enter.
- As a result, You will get some processing and able to see your hard disk health.
- That’s it.
Check Using WMIC
It is not tool but a command line that enables you to cope up with various administrative tasks such as
self monitoring and hard disk checkup. Means, You can check your hard disk health using the WMIC
command line. If you don’t know how to proceed then checkout the below steps.
- Firstly, Press Win+R key.
- Next, Type CMD and press enter.
- Then, Type wmic in cmd and Press enter
- Now, Input diskdrive get status and press enter.
- That’s it, You will get your Hard disk status shortly.
- Use Third-Party Hard disk Tool
The above-stated are the most flickering and Inbuilt feature to check your hard disk health management.
But, apart from them we recommend you to use various third party tools available for hard disk health
status. On that note, we tried to checkout the best third party tool in which we found CrystalDiskInfo. So,
if you are not satisfied with above ways then you move onto this one.
Conclusively, These are the best six ways to get your Hard disk status. In which you can opt any one of
the way as per your preference. However, if you have any issue regarding the same. Then, ask them in
the below given section.